What is it about Syracuse... | The Boneyard

What is it about Syracuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
...that causes one of our players to always have a monster game against them?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
To your point....

NHRJimFuller Jim Fuller

In #UConn's history, there have been 17 games where a player has scored at least 34 points. 4 have come in last 5 games vs. Syracuse

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What is it about Syracuse

that causes one of our players to be seriously injured?

Reaction Score
Maybe they're still holding a grudge. Wasn't there a really rough game a few years back where the team made a conscious decision to run up the score? I think somebody got hurt and Geno asked them how they wanted to respond to the roughness. Final score was something like 100-40. Geno said afterward that they were mad and wanted to embarrass Syracuse.
Seems like ever since then every game against them has had a little bit of that attitude.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe that, deep down in their DNA, they just don't like orange.....
And yet somehow the team is now being subjected to the embarrassment of wearing gray and orange, hmmmm. I smell a conspiracy theory.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe they're still holding a grudge. Wasn't there a really rough game a few years back where the team made a conscious decision to run up the score? I think somebody got hurt and Geno asked them how they wanted to respond to the roughness. Final score was something like 100-40. Geno said afterward that they were mad and wanted to embarrass Syracuse.
Seems like ever since then every game against them has had a little bit of that attitude.
Yes, the night Caroline got hurt and Maya rained down 40.

Reaction Score

So that the truth does not get twisted, Caroline's injury had nothing to do with UConn's decision to run up the score.
The injuries to Caroline and to Mel Thomas the year before occurred on plays that did not involve contact with a Syracuse player. The closest player to Caroline when she got hurt was Renee Montgomery, and Thomas' injury occurred as she changed directions on her dribble near the left baseline.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
So that the truth does not get twisted, Caroline's injury had nothing to do with UConn's decision to run up the score.
The injuries to Caroline and to Mel Thomas the year before occurred on plays that did not involve contact with a Syracuse player. The closest player to Caroline when she got hurt was Renee Montgomery, and Thomas' injury occurred as she changed directions on her dribble near the left baseline.

+1 VAU. Those are the facts re Caroline and Mel's injuries. NT

Reaction Score
I think they are dazzled by the shine from Q-Ball's polished noggin...

bald-head.gif

Reaction Score
Wasn't it a Syracuse player that tripped Geno in the handshake line a few years back?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Wasn't it a Syracuse player that tripped Geno in the handshake line a few years back?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

We all know the answer to that.

Reaction Score

Yes, true-- but I was at the Doty-injury game and it wasn't long into that game that I turned to my friends and said, "the refs better do something soon or someone's gonna get hurt." No, Doty wasn't injured by another player, but the play itself in that game was as chippy as I'd seen in a long, long time. I get the difference between physical and chippy-- and that was chippy.

AND that was the infamous Nicole Michael "trip" after the game. . . not a shining moment by anyone's standards.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't mean to imply that but understand how it looked.

Reaction Score

Thanks for clarifying that. My memory wasn't clear. I thought someone was hurt at that game, but I wasn't even sure it was Caroline. I was using the fact of the injury as something as a memory jog; I thought our team had decided to run the score once due to rough play, and I couldn't remember the details.
I do not believe any player has ever deliberately caused a serious injury to someone, and I apologize for implying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom