What is Going On With the Class of 2013? | The Boneyard

What is Going On With the Class of 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Hoopgurlz's Top 60 only 16 players in the 2013 class have commited thus far.

What is even more amazing, at least to me, is the fact that none of them commited to Baylor, ND, UConn or Stanford.

They couldn't all be waiting for M. Russell and K. Davis to commit, could they?

Perhaps even more importantly, HuskyNan's UConn Women's Recruiting page lists 5 players that we have shown interest in.

Yet, only 2 have been given offers (Diamond and Taya).

What is going on? I would hate to see a 2009 recruiting year all over again.

Peace,

John Fryer

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
According to Hoopgurlz's Top 60 only 16 players in the 2013 class have commited thus far.

What is even more amazing, at least to me, is the fact that none of them commited to Baylor, ND, UConn or Stanford.

They couldn't all be waiting for M. Russell and K. Davis to commit, could they?

Perhaps even more importantly, HuskyNan's UConn Women's Recruiting page lists 5 players that we have shown interest in.

Yet, only 2 have been given offers (Diamond and Taya).

What is going on? I would hate to see a 2009 recruiting year all over again.

Peace,

John Fryer

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
If Pats situation could be settled one way or other you could get a little action now. Mid July will probably start the ball rolling, have we ever had a better top 10 players?

HGN

Reaction Score
I think all of them are waiting to see where the Top 10 are going .... I think the Class of 2013 is good , but its not so good that they can all afford to see and wait , if they have Offers in hand , unless they are waiting to see where those ranked above them are going to commit. Many of these players are prima donnas and are use to being the Alpha Dog , and are scared of having to compete with other alpha dogs for playing time. So they wait to see where they may not want to go.

They are Alpha Dogs and want to remain so in college. Having to compete in practice against other good players help sharpen skills but many of these girls dont see that. So a good PG for example, may try to avoid going to the same program that another good alpha dog PG is going to, even though she may to really want to go to that Program.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think all of them are waiting to see where the Top 10 are going .... I think the Class of 2013 is good , but its not so good that they can all afford to see and wait , if they have Offers in hand , unless they are waiting to see where those ranked above them are going to commit. Many of these players are prima donnas and are use to being the Alpha Dog , and are scared of having to compete with other alpha dogs for playing time. So they wait to see where they may not want to go.

They are Alpha Dogs and want to remain so in college. Having to compete in practice against other good players help sharpen skills but many of these girls dont see that. So a good PG for example, may try to avoid going to the same program that another good alpha dog PG is going to, even though she may to really want to go to that Program.
You know this how?

Reaction Score
someone on the UT board who other posters say is very credible is claiming Jannah Tucker could be a Lady Vol. I don't know how soon but if she committed it would speed things up. I do not know what offers she has but UCONN has not offered her. Maryland people say is all in on Diamond DeShields because they already have 2 verbals so it could be a situation where she doesn't want to wait around and UT has al ot of scholarships but with Pat's health they haven't gotten a verbal in a while. She would help them A LOT with getting other recruits on board.

Reaction Score
someone on the UT board who other posters say is very credible is claiming Jannah Tucker could be a Lady Vol. I don't know how soon but if she committed it would speed things up. I do not know what offers she has but UCONN has not offered her. Maryland people say is all in on Diamond DeShields because they already have 2 verbals so it could be a situation where she doesn't want to wait around and UT has al ot of scholarships but with Pat's health they haven't gotten a verbal in a while. She would help them A LOT with getting other recruits on board.

That MJ, is an oxymoron!

Reaction Score
That MJ, is an oxymoron!

Ha! I believe the post is not a UT fan it looks to be some neutral party who goes by "intelligenthoodlum" and supposedly he or she is a DC area local so maybe they know more than the typical UT fan.

Reaction Score
Geno has been scouting beta dogs at small town high schools.
He is using the theory that they will all commit if asked.

(just my opinion):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom