What in the? | The Boneyard

What in the?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The amount of bad takes on this board is ridiculous. Wake up people, it’s a game! You’re going to win some and you’re going to lose some. The amount of negativity after a loss is pure insanity. It’s almost as bad as our shooting last night! The mood on this board is even depressing after a win. This is supposed to be enjoyment for people, some of you take it way to seriously. It’s like life or death for some of you. How do some of you make it through life? I can only imagine the mental breakdowns some of you have when life doesn’t go your way. Relax, breathe, everything will be fine. The world isn’t coming to an end.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'd prefer people drop their emotions into the abyss that is this forum after a loss instead of kicking their dog or yelling at their spouse/children. It's best to look it at like a collective screaming in a pillow.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer people drop their emotions into the abyss that is this forum after a loss instead of kicking their dog or yelling at their spouse/children. It's best to look it at like a collective screaming in a pillow.
I’m sure they still kick their dog and yell at their spouse. Crazy people are going to be crazy regardless.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
People should use the chat, get all your bad takes out in the heat of the moment (I do). Then it's erased until next game.

Don't even start with the chat room. What a mess!!! Worse than the on court performance last night.

You have people watching on cable whose feed is 30-60 seconds ahead of those streaming and the comments get all out of whack. And let's not get in to how the mobile app truncates part of the comments on the side of the chat.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Don't even start with the chat room. What a mess!!! Worse than the on court performance last night.

You have people watching on cable whose feed is 30-60 seconds ahead of those streaming and the comments get all out of whack. And let's not get in to how the mobile app truncates part of the comments on the side of the chat.
I was ahead of the stream instead of behind last night. Cant use it on a phone, need at least a tablet. It's a great way to identify new posters to put on ignore though.

Reaction Score
Agree with the OP 100%. I also looooove the coaching suggestions. It reminds me of the episode of the office where Oscar says he knows a simple way to fix the failing company, and when he is brought in front of the board of directors he realizes he is out of his league. Anybody on here who thinks they know more than Hurley and the coaching staff is just pulling an Oscar. And NO, DH is not on the hot seat.

Reaction Score

Chat is the biggest cesspool. Go in there for 5 mins and the same crew will tell you DH should be fired and UConn won't win another game this year over and over because UConn is down by 4 points in a game.

Reaction Score
Chat is the biggest cesspool. Go in there for 5 mins and the same crew will tell you DH should be fired and UConn won't win another game this year over and over because UConn is down by 4 points in a game.
It's the most negative place on the planet. But it is mostly stream of consciousness, impulsive reactions. The real issue may be when a person sleeps on it and still wakes up the next day with enough of that vitriol in them and posts/comments on a thread. We should all have gotten over this loss by the time the sun came up.

Reaction Score
The amount of bad takes on this board is ridiculous. Wake up people, it’s a game! You’re going to win some and you’re going to lose some. The amount of negativity after a loss is pure insanity. It’s almost as bad as our shooting last night! The mood on this board is even depressing after a win. This is supposed to be enjoyment for people, some of you take it way to seriously. It’s like life or death for some of you. How do some of you make it through life? I can only imagine the mental breakdowns some of you have when life doesn’t go your way. Relax, breathe, everything will be fine. The world isn’t coming to an end.
Casual fan

Reaction Score
Casual fan
Yeah you’re right, casual at best. You sound like an idiot. Typical response though from a person with no common sense. I get it, UConn basketball runs your life, if they lose you wanna hang yourself. You’d die for an undefeated season. I guess in my 31 years of being a fan I’ve never reached that level. Probably never will. If they lose my life doesn’t stop and I don’t find every single way possible to on the team or the coach. I move on and hope they win the next game because no matter how bad one game is there is still the next one that they can win.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people who bet on the games, and it makes a loss that much more agonizing. I think that sports betting has a lot to do with people getting so mad.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

The chat room gave us Fort the Ead, which I had the honor of witnessing and reacting to in real time, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right, casual at best. You sound like an idiot. Typical response though from a person with no common sense. I get it, UConn basketball runs your life, if they lose you wanna hang yourself. You’d die for an undefeated season. I guess in my 31 years of being a fan I’ve never reached that level. Probably never will. If they lose my life doesn’t stop and I don’t find every single way possible to on the team or the coach. I move on and hope they win the next game because no matter how bad one game is there is still the next one that they can win.
Slight overreaction to a 2 word "casual fan" post don't you think? Guessing MTBingNinja said (partially at least) in jest. Psycho :confused:

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's the most negative place on the planet. But it is mostly stream of consciousness, impulsive reactions. The real issue may be when a person sleeps on it and still wakes up the next day with enough of that vitriol in them and posts/comments on a thread. We should all have gotten over this loss by the time the sun came up.
Yep the chat room should be viewed like someone leaning next to you and saying something to you during the game. Sometimes it’s a good observation, sometimes it’s dreck. but like Vegas, what happens the chat room should stay in the chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom