what if? | The Boneyard

what if?

Reaction Score
what would be the most game changing "what if" that could have reasonably occurred in the history of uconn womens basketball? assume geno is always the coach. answers could be either in the positive sense or the negative sense. :) ie. positive: edd not having a spat with kg / negative: breanna stewart not being able to find the hood of a car to write on in time

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
what would be the most game changing "what if" that could have reasonably occurred in the history of uconn womens basketball? assume geno is always the coach. answers could be either in the positive sense or the negative sense. :) ie. positive: edd not having a spat with kg / negative: breanna stewart not being able to find the hood of a car to write on in time
Please explain. I assume edd is Della Donne. Is kg Kalana Greene? (Enough with abbreviations for players who played 15 years ago!)

What was the "spat" about?

Conventional story is she wanted to be closer to her family.

Reaction Score
I'd play but it feels like we are in a pretty bad "what if" right now.
Fantasy -- Reality. Which one do we live in? WHAT if, I use a lot, STOKES and DOLSON Transferred into from the Portal? That's as likely as Christine Dailey going back to Rutgers to coach--a lot of coaches around the country were not making what Assistant CD was making. Kenny Brooks ( Va Tech) was one.

Reaction Score
Please explain. I assume edd is Della Donne. Is kg Kalana Greene? (Enough with abbreviations for players who played 15 years ago!)

Conventional story is she wanted to be closer to her family. or her sister!!

Reaction Score
What if ESPN refused to show Maya around during her recruiting visit…
Yep, Geno would have played 6 more games against Pat. That's one of fictional Geno Nevers.

Reaction Score
Winning all the Final Fours and Semi-Finals we lost. :)

Reaction Score

Conventional story is she wanted to be closer to her family.
Huskies11- - -Rumors have it during a preseason scrimmage with the team and incoming freshmen, EDD was jogging, almost walking up and down the court as the rest were hustling full speed and after 10 minutes or so Kalana Greene told EDD "to move your GD ass, the coaches would have a fit at your being lazy!" EDD drove home the next morning!
Geno & CD were pi--ed at Kalana but the rest of the girls defended her "you should have seen it, if Kalana didn't say something we would have!"

Reaction Score
Probably the biggest would be if Lobo didn't pick UConn. It's possible they would have ascended anyway but she was the first major recruit to land and helped put the program on the map in 1995.

The other one would be if She and Svet were healthy in 2001. I will always believe UConn wins that year if they played and it would have made a 5 year title run.

Reaction Score
Huskies11- - -Rumors have it during a preseason scrimmage with the team and incoming freshmen, EDD was jogging, almost walking up and down the court as the rest were hustling full speed and after 10 minutes or so Kalana Greene told EDD "to move your GD ass, the coaches would have a fit at your being lazy!" EDD drove home the next morning!
Geno & CD were pi--ed at Kalana but the rest of the girls defended her "you should have seen it, if Kalana didn't say something we would have!"
So it’s not Geno’s fault that we haven’t had any bigs in the last 15 years- and he’s not the one placing unrealistic effort demands after all. I guess Boneyarder can shift to placing blame where it belongs: Kalena!!

Thanks for the back story- had not heard that!

Reaction Score
Yes, they were great and thanks for the reminder. But their arrivals were not transformative, and we were looking for a decisive moment. Rebecca put Storrs on the map of public consciousness, and then raised the public profile of the fledgling WNBA merely by agreeing to play in it.

Reaction Score
What if Azzi hits the three against Ohio State in first quarter that would have put them up 12? I thought UConn was so close in that game and that one shot might have been the one that broke the OSU press and their proverbial back. I really think they win the NC if they got past that game, yep even with all the challenges.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Probably the biggest would be if Lobo didn't pick UConn. It's possible they would have ascended anyway but she was the first major recruit to land and helped put the program on the map in 1995.

The other one would be if She and Svet were healthy in 2001. I will always believe UConn wins that year if they played and it would have made a 5 year title run.
Absolutely on the 2001 team. Arguments could be easily made that is the greatest team ever instead of the 2002 team. They were stacked. Shea and Sveta injuries were huge that year.

Reaction Score
What if during Paige's era if Walker stayed her senior year and then if UCONN hadn't been decimated with injuruies the past 2 years and this year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom