what if... | The Boneyard

what if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking ahead. We win Maui. Where do you guys think that puts our season.

Reaction Score
we can't beat Northwestern or Wagner at home in Gampel and you think there's a chance we win Maui? Lol. More likely we lose to Chaminade
I sure wish we could lose to Northwestern at home... we'd be in the B1G if that were the case

Reaction Score
we can't beat Northwestern or Wagner at home in Gampel and you think there's a chance we win Maui? Lol. More likely we lose to Chaminade
I don't believe we are anywhere close to as bad as we've looked. I think we'll look back at the end of the year and see these first 2 games as outliers. As I've stated before I think the Wagner loss caused the northeastern loss. I almost view th as one in the same. I believe Wagner is a possible tourney team that our guys took lightly and when they lost that game they lost their confidence with it. The quick turnaround to play northeastern was a recipe for disaster. I think we'll see a diff team out west

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Point taken. I've since changed it to possible tourney team. Haha. Point is Wagner is not terrible

They looked like a good, veteran, composed team. That goofy looking center is a load and ate our lunch that's for sure.

I actually agree with you about getting out west. These guys need to get away from the heat lamp in CT. Unfortunately Maui could cut either way in that dept.

Reaction Score
What if....Jalen Adams doesn't make that 90 foot heave and Uconn doesn't make the NCAA last year....

Reaction Score
It puts our season in California on Thursday, where it belongs with this squad.

Reaction Score
Now we are rationalizing losing, that's a first!
It's not rationalizing anything. Confidence is a thing. They unacceptably lost to Wagner, I agree. But remember that most of these guys are still kids. The quick turnaround I believe play3rd a huge role in the second loss. They were literally terrified to lose and it showed. They played afraid. Every time northeastern hit a shot they hung their heads. You can't beat division one team's when you have 0 confidence

Reaction Score
What if....Jalen Adams doesn't make that 90 foot heave and Uconn doesn't make the NCAA last year....
Except we make the tourney wether he makes the shot or not...
Evidenced by Tulsa making the field

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Well, in your crazy hypothetical, that means beating a top ten UNC team. So we'd be ranked again.

Reaction Score
Well, in your crazy hypothetical, that means beating a top ten UNC team. So we'd be ranked again.
Why is it so "crazy". To believe UCONN can do the unbelievable? Isnt that what we do?

Reaction Score
If UConn beats North Carolina in Maui, I will not post anything on the boneyard for 30 days.
As unlikely as it may seem after those first two games, it would not be a big stretch to see UConn winning at least two games in Maui. I'm not counting on it, but it's not that much less likely than it was before the season started. They tanked two games, the players still have all of their limbs and are still good, tall basketball players. When they get to LA they may just see some things start working and surprise us when they figure out this whole basketball thing.

They are talented, have bottomed out, and have a chance to rectify that a week later in a tiny gym. It's way more likely than most of
the doom and gloom on this board makes it out to be. But I agree, still not likely.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Who cares about sports at a time when some sort of disaster killed all the members of 7 other college basketball teams?
Well done :D

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
It's not rationalizing anything. Confidence is a thing. They unacceptably lost to Wagner, I agree. But remember that most of these guys are still kids. The quick turnaround I believe play3rd a huge role in the second loss. They were literally terrified to lose and it showed. They played afraid. Every time northeastern hit a shot they hung their heads. You can't beat division one team's when you have 0 confidence
My point exactly, this is a coaching issue. My point was and is we do not accept morale victories. I remember in the late 80's coming close to beating anyone in the Big East was acceptable. Since then, we've established ourself as one of the elite programs in the nation. When reading we are trying to rationalize a loss to a lower level program or two is mind boggling. This is never acceptable, we are UCONN and beating teams we are supposed to young or not comes down to preparation and coaching. At this point, and going back to last year, UCONN is not the UCONN team I've grown up with since the early 90's. I've never seen a team so lost in the first 4 games, including preaseason. Now, I'm not giving up but pinning this on them being young is BS. I can point to any other elite program with youth that doesn't lose to either of the teams we did. Ok, enough rant, go Huskies! Turn this thing around!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My point exactly, this is a coaching issue. My point was and is we do not accept morale victories. I remember in the late 80's coming close to beating anyone in the Big East was acceptable. Since then, we've established ourself as one of the elite programs in the nation. When reading we are trying to rationalize a loss to a lower level program or two is mind boggling. This is never acceptable, we are UCONN and beating teams we are supposed to young or not comes down to preparation and coaching. At this point, and going back to last year, UCONN is not the UCONN team I've grown up with since the early 90's. I've never seen a team so lost in the first 4 games, including preaseason. Now, I'm not giving up but pinning this on them being young is BS. I can point to any other elite program with youth that doesn't lose to either of the teams we did. Ok, enough rant, go Huskies! Turn this thing around!

Perhaps SOME other elite programs with youth don't lose but those programs youth are all top 1-50 recruits
Big difference of 3 top 25 recruits vs 1 and lower level - the physical size of some of these recruits places them high because they could step to the league based on physicality.
I don't see anyone on this UConn team that could come close to that but Kensucky, Puke, Kansas and some others do have these kids
Losing both these games, however, is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom