What if KO stays on next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if there is no negotiated buy out? What if we have KO for another year? What, if anything, will you do as an individual to show your distain for this predicament??

Personally, I have stopped watching mens' games (line in SC so cannot attend games) and rarely even read about the results.

At least Geno and the women give a reason to proudly fly my UCONN flag on the house,

FartMan69

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We’ll have a ton of transfers in/out, get our underwhelming recruiting class, have the few lunatics defend him to the death while 500 or so people watch them lose to Tulane in Hartford on a Sunday afternoon. Rinse, wash, lose more from our skeleton fan base, repeat.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
I think Coach Ollie most likely will be back. I think next season is make or break for him. If Adams return and Larrier turn pro and everyone else stay committed this team will be really good.
How do they become really good? Who is going to coach them to be really good? This is the mistake I made last year thinking they'd get better in the off season.

Expect many after game quotes about " throwing the first punch", "staying in the middle throwing punches", "we needed to counter punch". "We need to start the game with more energy." "We need to hit first". "We need to share the basketball better". etc etc

Give me a akinjo n Alterique cuz at least I know their going to put pressure on the defense either getting fouled n shooting free throws or setting guys up like Carlton for easy buckets ... I’m sorry idc if Diarra, Cobb are gone next year I would include Whaley but we might need his change of pace n Williams well I would like to see more of him in game next year or give him 15 mins every game for here on out

Diarra kills me with all the fouling dude averages 4 fouls a game crazy n Cobb is a loose cannon he could be a Gemini we never know what to expect on n off the court

How do they become really good? Who is going to coach them to be really good? This is the mistake I made last year thinking they'd get better in the off season.
Explain to me besides Vital and Adams who else did you think were going to get better? Gilbert, Larrier and Diarra are coming off major injuries. Cobb, Onuorah, Anderson and Williams has been out of high school 4-5 years and weren't even doing much at low mid-majors and juco. They are who they are at this point. Freshmen will become sophomores. Those guys seems like they want to be here and will get better. Ollie will be the Coach, take it to the bank.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
I will pay attention at the beginning of the year, and if we are getting out coached and out worked on the floor in our first couple of cupcake games, I won't be surprised.

I think Coach Ollie most likely will be back. I think next season is make or break for him. If Adams return and Larrier turns pro and everyone else stay committed, this team will be really good.
Pls define "really good". We used to be really good so are you saying we will return to our days of glory ? Or maybe you assume a 20 win season and an invite to the big dance ? Or are you saying a winning season ? All of these would be an improvement, but to say "really good" without defining it, is meaningless.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
The worst possible thing to do is stop going and stop watching. It makes things worse. It also is not good to actively hate on our team. "Fire Ollie" signs are so counterproductive.

Look - you have every right to be frustrated with Ollie and the situation. I'm not arguing that. What im arguing is if you have an issue, right AD David Benedict a letter or email or something. Publicly bashing the program is just not a good idea. We need to hope for the best. It's not in our control, lets just support our team best we can.

Dave Benedict will have an angry mob with torches and pitchforks at his door.

I'm still in the club that next year we'll be OK....BARRING that Gilbert plays a full season.

Gilbert, Akinjo & Sid are just what the doctor ordered for this team
Why are people relying so much on Gilbert when he has had 4 similar injuries in his career and his last 2 years he got injured early. So a good season rest on the shoulders of Gilbert? Yikes. I feel bad for the kid but can’t we recruit more guards before next season so we aren’t always in the same situation.

Hankster

What do I know.
I think Coach Ollie most likely will be back. I think next season is make or break for him. If Adams return and Larrier turns pro and everyone else stay committed, this team will be really good.
Larrier turn Pro? Where? Turkey, China, Greece? Okay, but right now I don't think you will see him in any NBA jersey. Always starts the game with a turnover. I do not see him as an NBA prospect. Adams either. I wish I am wrong. Adams should stay to get his degree. Maybe something will turn around and excel next year.

What if there is no negotiated buy out? What if we have KO for another year? What, if anything, will you do as an individual to show your distain for this predicament??

Personally, I have stopped watching mens' games (line in SC so cannot attend games) and rarely even read about the results.

At least Geno and the women give a reason to proudly fly my UCONN flag on the house,
I've been a fan since before TV but I can't watch this crap anymore. Last night I watched NASCAR and flipped to UConn during commercials and for the last five minutes. This team is so bad it's laughable. I just can't watch anymore.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
I'll watch the games, go if I can, and, regardless off where I am, I'll scream "close out on the shooters!" while watching Ollie make his Ollie face when the deficit balloons to double digits.

Others can vote with their $$ and that's fine. I'll keep supporting the team and hoping for the best.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Explain to me besides Vital and Adams who else did you think were going to get better? Gilbert, Larrier and Diarra are coming off major injuries. Cobb, Onuorah, Anderson and Williams has been out of high school 4-5 years and weren't even doing much at low mid-majors and juco, they are who they are at this point. Freshmen will become sophomores. Those guys seems like they want to be here and will get better. Ollie will be the Coach, take it to the bank.
I thought Adams would take a major leap. I also assumed that Larrier and Diarra worked on all aspects of their game that didn't involve running up and down the court. You don't need 5 great players you really only need 1 and 2 solid role players and you have a solid team.

There is no reason whatsoever to think that we will be any better, if Ollie stays.
Our recent track record of individual improvement is very disappointing. Did Brimah ever improve? He was the same fouling, non jumping, armpit-into-the-opponent-shooter for 4 years.
Our players this year will play the same next year. Maybe Gilbert will return, who knows? He can be the same excuse for poor records for 4 years in a row, if he never comes back.
Lastly, has Ollie shown any ability to judge talent? NO...so we will see another bunch of non-shooters, bad rebounders, bad hands, etc.

Why are people relying so much on Gilbert when he has had 4 similar injuries in his career and his last 2 years he got injured early. So a good season rest on the shoulders of Gilbert? Yikes. I feel bad for the kid but can’t we recruit more guards before next season so we aren’t always in the same situation.
Exactly, that would be insanity. The kid who hasn't proficiently played in 3 years and not knowing the impact of yet another surgery on his injury-prone shoulder is going to be the savior? Not only insanity but also delusional.

Expect many after game quotes about " throwing the first punch", "staying in the middle throwing punches", "we needed to counter punch". "We need to start the game with more energy." "We need to hit first". "We need to share the basketball better". etc etc
We need to watch “Blue Chips”

Status
Not open for further replies.