What i see | The Boneyard

What i see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our veteren players Purvis,Brimah,Facey stink! And our younger talented guys Gilbert,Adams and Larrier arent ready to be leaders and go to guys at this point. Enoch,Jackson,Durham,Diarra and Vital are limited in what they can do for various reasons.

I think Gilbert, Adams and Larrier will get better as the season goes but i think we`ve seen what we`re going ot see out of Purv,Brimah and FAcey. The first 3 will have to get really, really good really really quickly and hope the second 3 can improve to where they contribute consistantly. If not this is going to be a long season.

Reaction Score
I would've loved for Vital to have been available today. At this point im picking him over Purvis

Reaction Score
Our veteren players Purvis,Brimah,Facey stink! And our younger talented guys Gilbert,Adams and Larrier arent ready to be leaders and go to guys at this point. Enoch,Jackson,Durham,Diarra and Vital are limited in what they can do for various reasons.

I think Gilbert, Adams and Larrier will get better as the season goes but i think we`ve seen what we`re going ot see out of Purv,Brimah and FAcey. The first 3 will have to get really, really good really really quickly and hope the second 3 can improve to where they contribute consistantly. If not this is going to be a long season.

Agree 100%, our seniors lack leadership skills and the younger guys are still unsure if they should be leading. If we can develop a core of the younger guys like AG, Jalen and Larrier who decide they want to step up, I think we can turn this thing around. I might include Vance in that group, he does some nice things out there, expected more out of Enoch, not sure what to make of him.

Reaction Score
What I saw. Tons of talent, no cohesiveness. Low basketball IQ from both coaches and players. Larrier oozes potential and would already be great if he had better shot selection. Say what you want about Brimah, but he is a tremendous shot blocker and total game changer when he can stay on the floor. Rodney is a hard luck player, kinda Dysonesque despite very different games. Gilbert will be a stud in time.

Right now, everyone wants to be the man, but nobody can quite handle being the man. At a very low point right now, but the core of Larrier, Gilbert and Adams is going to be great once they collectively mature.

Dark now. Lots of promise ahead.

Reaction Score
What I saw. Tons of talent, no cohesiveness. Low basketball IQ from both coaches and players. Larrier oozes potential and would already be great if he had better shot selection. Say what you want about Brimah, but he is a tremendous shot blocker and total game changer when he can stay on the floor. Rodney is a hard luck player, kinda Dysonesque despite very different games. Gilbert will be a stud in time.

Right now, everyone wants to be the man, but nobody can quite handle being the man. At a very low point right now, but the core of Larrier, Gilbert and Adams is going to be great once they collectively mature.

Disagree on Gilbert. He's missing outside shooting to have the whole package. He can do a lot and will be very good but he can't keep defenses honest without the 3. It's a flaw, and Adams if he had it would be a total stud. We have to acknowledge what a big part of the college game it is for guards.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Agree 100%, our seniors lack leadership skills and the younger guys are still unsure if they should be leading. If we can develop a core of the younger guys like AG, Jalen and Larrier who decide they want to step up, I think we can turn this thing around. I might include Vance in that group, he does some nice things out there, expected more out of Enoch, not sure what to make of him.
You can expect Enoch to transfer soon. That's what you can expect.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can expect Enoch to transfer soon. That's what you can expect.

Player A:
11 minutes
1-9 - 11% FG
5 rebounds - 0.45 rebounds/minute - 18 rebounds per 40
1 block - 0.09 blocks/minute - 3.63 blocks per 40
3 fouls - 0.27 fouls/minute - 10.90 fouls per 40

Player B:
52 minutes
3-6 - 50% FG
12 rebounds - 0.23 rebounds/minute - 9.2 rebounds per 40
9 blocks - 0.173 blocks/minute - 6.92 blocks per 40
7 fouls - 0.13 fouls/minute - 5.38 fouls per 40.

So I will bet house money that if Enoch can limit his fouling, which will take GAME EXPERIENCE, he will be benefit the team more. The blocks will come. But we already knew this.

Reaction Score

Great points but with AB sure he can block shots but he doesnt rebound,is constantly in foul trouble and has no post game. Hed make a terrific off the bench back up at the 5 but he has to do more if he is going to start and help us win games. I just dont see him doing it as he hasnt improved as much as he shouldve by now. Hes been here 3 years and hes improved very little. Larrier shot selection will get better as he gets more comfortable and finds his role on this team. I have no worries about him and fully expect him to be our best player by seasons end. Rodney isnt half the player Dyson was. Nothing hard luck about him just limited skills and low basketball IQ with a ton of physical ability. He might want to look at trying another sport after his career is over at uconn. Would problably be a good safety or running back at his size.

Reaction Score
Player A:
11 minutes
1-9 - 11% FG
5 rebounds - 0.45 rebounds/minute - 18 rebounds per 40
1 block - 0.09 blocks/minute - 3.63 blocks per 40
3 fouls - 0.27 fouls/minute - 10.90 fouls per 40

Player B:
52 minutes
3-6 - 50% FG
12 rebounds - 0.23 rebounds/minute - 9.2 rebounds per 40
9 blocks - 0.173 blocks/minute - 6.92 blocks per 40
7 fouls - 0.13 fouls/minute - 5.38 fouls per 40.

So I will bet house money that if Enoch can limit his fouling, which will take GAME EXPERIENCE, he will be benefit the team more. The blocks will come. But we already knew this.

Player A got 2 of his 5 rebounds tipping his own missed shot into the hoop for his only FG. Player A is a turn-style on defense, while player B actually played pretty good defense both games, even if he still needs to learn how to block shots to his own teammates.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
no matter how good skill positions may be, or how much potential they have, you can't win if you don't rebound

we don't rebound, we've never rebounded under Ollie, if he doesn't change something that's not changing

at this point, I have no reason to believe he'll teach them to rebound, he's looking for some other path I don't understand

and one last thing, I've said this before, "I'm tired of projects"> I want one slow wide body to eat up space and enable us to play 5 on 5 on both sides of the floor

I'll take zero blocks with ten rebounds and ten points per game

Reaction Score
I mentioned this last season - this is a team w/a very low basketball IQ. I feel like I'm watching a group of kids that each want their own highlight reel vs. working together for the team. They remind me of the season when Rudy Gay was a freshman - that team had no chemistry. I'm not saying they can't overcome two losses and go on to finish the season strong. After all, the season just started. But Ollie needs to prove he can improve their IQ and develop their skills. So far he hasn't - and the seniors are proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom