What I expect today... | The Boneyard

What I expect today...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Bear with me. Relying a lot on a memory that's beginning to fade with age here.
Tonight's matchup should/will be pretty one sided.

But it brings to mind a Boneyard event of long ago. ISTR that it had something to do with somebody winning a box at the Civic Center at a fund raising auction, and we made it into a social event for the 'yard. The opponent? For some reason, I THINK it was Brown. But this might have been 20 years ago, and the only thing memorable about the game other than getting to meet a lot of yarders, was that it was even worse than one sided. I think JC had the walk-ons in with 10 minutes to go.

I expect a game like that.
If LIU plays the game of their collective lives, they might come within 25 or 30 points.
The spread is 40 points.
LIU lost their last 5 by an average of 18.4 points. UConn won their last 5 by and average of 17.6
The biggest difference between today's game and that long ago game against a team that may or may not have been Brown, will be the number of Boneyard denizens in attendance.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This may be the worst chat room game ever.
Or maybe the best. No stressing out, no second-guessing the coach, just a stream of consciousness flow and cocaine bear references.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Or maybe the best. No stressing out, no second-guessing the coach, just a stream of consciousness flow and cocaine bear references.
Maybe LIU hits an instant 3 that leads to our soon seeing, "Fort the ead" at the 18:16 mark.

Reaction Score
I fully expect the game chat to behave as if we’re losing with 2 minutes to go when LIU hits back to back buckets to cut the lead to 35

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hoping Triston can work on his assists driving in the lane.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hoping Triston can work on his assists driving in the lane.
After he draws 3 fouls and makes 6 straight FTs, he'll be confidently dropping dimes.
And Andre will learn by example to go hard to the basket.
And Adama will kickout for dagger 3s.
And Nahiem will slow down his shot and watch it drop

#tuneuptime

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24