What I’d like to see going forward. | The Boneyard

What I’d like to see going forward.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Unless they’re in foul trouble or exhausted, Akok, Bouknight, and Adams should not come out of the game. Gaffney should flirt with not coming out or at least more minutes than Gilbert.

If Vital and Gilbert are starting Polley should come off the bench. Polley is exactly what we need but due to the poor play of Gilbert and Vital we can’t have all three on the floor together. I believe gaffney and bouknight would be able to get polley the ball in better spots than Gilbert at this time.

If a player (specifically an upperclassmen) commits sloppy turnovers and isn’t playing at 100%, they get the Calhoun quick hook.

Run more plays for Akok. Put him in screens with Bouknight, Gaffney, or Adams and have Akok either roll to the rim or pop out for a shot. He’s too talented to not be getting more looks. Also instead of force feeding Carlton the ball, get Akok the ball and let him face up. He can shoot over almost anyone guarding him or he can pass into Carlton or back out for a shot.

Sid may not bring much offensively now but his athleticism defensively is needed. Carlton is not mobile enough to keep up with bigs who don’t play from the free throw line and in. Whaley has done well when he’s come in for Carlton. We don’t have an inside presence right now and that puts way to much pressure on our perimeter players especially since they don’t drive.

Hurley needs to play his best players and stop mass subbing. I would like to see one of these starting lineups- Gaffney, Vital, Polley, Akok, Carlton

Gilbert, Bouknight, Adams, Akok, Carlton

Gilbert, Gaffney, Bouknight, Akok, Whaley

Reaction Score
I would like to see some actaul offensive plays, ball screen, set Polley up for some "cath and shoot " plays, some drive and dish, and inside outside game with Josh........

Oh wait a second, nevermind

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I don’t want more plays. The kids already stand around enough and I think that if you make them remember set plays that they will stiffen up even more. I want them to focus on getting their teammates freed up to shoot rather than trying to go 1 on 1 constantly.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I would like to see some actaul offensive plays, ball screen, set Polley up for some "cath and shoot " plays, some drive and dish, and inside outside game with Josh........

Oh wait a second, nevermind
'cath and shoot?' sounds painful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom