What happens when to your fandom when..... | The Boneyard

What happens when to your fandom when.....

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Your team is relegated?

My Swans are abysmal and today was close to rock bottom. The fans have completely turned on this team and it's only a matter of time before the players do too. I know there's still over half the season to go but today was disgusting. I was shocked ManU didn't add more then just 3 goals.

I can't blame Bradley, even though Zoo will probably come and tell me it's his fault. He came in when the team had already dug themselves a big hole and has only had one game where 3 points were even a realistic possibility (against Watford). Their schedule has been brutal as of late and soon gets a bit on the easier side. I'm hoping they turn it around but it's looking brutal....

So what do I do when/if they get relegated? I'll still support the team in the Championship but I won't be able to watch any of there games as there are only a handful on beIN all year. So who do I pull for if that happens?

All you big club fans never have to worry about this but it sucks. I'm hoping they turn it around but man, it's not looking good right now and that gap will keep growing with little hope of pulling out of this hole.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He came during a tough stretch in the schedule. I expect them to pick it up. The bottom of the table is bad. 30 pts might be enough.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
They're getting a lot of Anti-American flack yet the biggest culprit is the regime that was there before the takeover. That regime sold Ayew and Ash Williams. Selling Ayew alone was the single dumbest move IMO.

I know Bradley is trying to figure out a starting 11 that works but he better figure it out soon. They need points and after today, it's looking like things are going to get real ugly soon.

Reaction Score
They're getting a lot of Anti-American flack yet the biggest culprit is the regime that was there before the takeover. That regime sold Ayew and Ash Williams. Selling Ayew alone was the single dumbest move IMO.

I know Bradley is trying to figure out a starting 11 that works but he better figure it out soon. They need points and after today, it's looking like things are going to get real ugly soon.

Too soon to judge. But frankly Bob Bradley is a mediocre dude. If he were English and he never won the Norwegian League, failed to qualify for the WC with Egypt and couldn't get Le Havre promoted from the French 2nd Division then people would still be scratching their heads.

This is a dude who was fired by Alexi Lalas from the Red Bulls. His greatest achievement was losing a Confed Cup final and losing to Ghana in the round of 16 with our best players in their primes.

I hope they don't get relegated.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Way too early to be overly concerned about relegation (and you have Sunderland and Hull looking to occupy the bottom - so only have to beat out one other team, maybe Crystal Palace?)

But - should the worst happen (such as for this Newcastle fan) - following the games is much tougher - I resort to following the ESPN or Newcastle "game casts" which are nothing close to live action and are actually a horrible way to have to follow your team.

Should Newcastle continue their strong start, I may look into potential sites for streaming (I'm sure that they exist) and figure out how to gain access...

Mostly, though, I read the on line papers, and follow the damn game casts.....

Your team is relegated?

My Swans are abysmal and today was close to rock bottom. The fans have completely turned on this team and it's only a matter of time before the players do too. I know there's still over half the season to go but today was disgusting. I was shocked ManU didn't add more then just 3 goals.

I can't blame Bradley, even though Zoo will probably come and tell me it's his fault. He came in when the team had already dug themselves a big hole and has only had one game where 3 points were even a realistic possibility (against Watford). Their schedule has been brutal as of late and soon gets a bit on the easier side. I'm hoping they turn it around but it's looking brutal....

So what do I do when/if they get relegated? I'll still support the team in the Championship but I won't be able to watch any of there games as there are only a handful on beIN all year. So who do I pull for if that happens?

All you big club fans never have to worry about this but it sucks. I'm hoping they turn it around but man, it's not looking good right now and that gap will keep growing with little hope of pulling out of this hole.
Still long way to go

Reaction Score
To answer the question, I stopped following Fulham after relegation a few years ago.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I know there's a ways to go and hopefully this will be a non-issue. However, yesterday was bad.....they had looked ok since Bradley came in and kept many matches close but yesterday looked like the UConn football team in terms of getting destroyed!

Hoping I'm just over reacting, actually I know I am. Just was wondering what other folks did. Hopefully it won't be a problem and they'll right the ship

Reaction Score
I follow QPR. It's not easy, a lot of it consists of their website and their Facebook page.

Reaction Score
Well, you're already experiencing it first had with UConn.... so probably pretty similar. On the upside (unlike UConn) a QPR, Swansea, Fulham, Newcastle can play their way back into the P5... I mean Premiere League

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since I started following Manchester United while I was a kid growing up in Manchester, CT, I haven't had this problem. Choose wisely in the beginning and it's not an issue. :) Then again, that was just luck/chance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just start rooting for Livepool. Everyone loves Liverpool.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Bob Bradley, 1 point in 3 games or 4?
4 games. Started his tenure against Arsenal and lost thre, at stoke and to ManU. Drew Watford at home. Here's to hoping for better results

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Hey we got a point! Looks like it should have been 3 as Everton scored in the 90th minute. Unfortunately, Sunderland won so now Swansea sits dead last.....god this sucks....didn't watch the game so not sure how they looked but their schedule gets significantly easier now in that they play the bottom half of teams besides Spurs. They better right this ship.....today was at least promising

Reaction Score
Hey we got a point! Looks like it should have been 3 as Everton scored in the 90th minute. Unfortunately, Sunderland won so now Swansea sits dead last.....god this sucks....didn't watch the game so not sure how they looked but their schedule gets significantly easier now in that they play the bottom half of teams besides Spurs. They better right this ship.....today was at least promising

I watched this game. I don't know if they were lucky to escape with 1 point or if they were unlucky to not get three points. Gylfi played his butt off.

After the penalty Everton put Swansea in a bunker. The difference in talent or performance was pretty stark. Swansea needs to find some players in January.

This is a nice vote of support.
Sigurdsson: Blame players, not Bradley, for Swansea struggles

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
As was yesterday's game. A couple more wins over the next four isn't a stretch.
That game vs Palace was insane. These next 4 are crucial to survival. They need to win them all if not 3 out of 4 at minimum

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
That game vs Palace was insane. These next 4 are crucial to survival. They need to win them all if not 3 out of 4 at minimum
I should have looked first....forgot they were playing Spurs today. They won't win that one. After today though they have a string of winnable games against the bottom part of the table

Reaction Score
Just start rooting for Livepool. Everyone loves Liverpool.
Since when, other than never? Not even remotely close, especially in England and globally, and that pre-dates any Red Sox-ownership association. The latter being more reason for people in the U.S., not just Yankees' fans, not to be Liverpool supporters. Plus, Liverpool's consistently become under-performers with an over bloated salary base. Liverpool's no ManU nor Chelski, but universally loved? Hardly!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Since when, other than never? Not even remotely close, especially in England and globally, and that pre-dates any Red Sox-ownership association. The latter being more reason for people in the U.S., not just Yankees' fans, not to be Liverpool supporters. Plus, Liverpool's consistently become under-performers with an over bloated salary base. Liverpool's no ManU nor Chelski, but universally loved? Hardly!

I think he may have been speaking sarcastically or at least in hyperbole. As for me, I've hated Liverpool since Heysel in 1985. I only root for 1 team in the EPL nowadays, and that's whoever plays against Liverpool...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... but universally loved? Hardly!

I'm finding that out. My long-time barber passed away and I finally found a place that does a nice job, both the older and younger guy. On my second trip I try to start some conversation as I know they are soccer fans. I'm sitting with the younger guy and I mention I'm a Liverpool fan because I saw them play at The Rent. Then I say, "as it turns out they won the Champion's League the next year. And they were down 3 nothing!" The older guy at the other chair stops cutting and bellows, "And it should have been 4 nothing! He wasn't off sides!" He cuts a bit more than says, "No way he was off-sides! And if they score, they don't come back from 4 goals!" The younger says to me, "We're Milan fans". What are the odds? I'm glad I wasn't at the older guys chair since we hadn't gotten to the straight razor part.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom