What happens in 2025? | The Boneyard

What happens in 2025?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
havent seen too much on this but isn't the BCS contract up around that time as well.
Clearly we now have a better understanding about how ESPN plays in these movements and is a major factor...
With ut and ou rumored to be on the outs, this is very similar to how the big east was squeezed.... P5 could become P4 very easily. If this happens, very interesting to see how schools on the outs react.

Reaction Score
havent seen too much on this but isn't the BCS contract up around that time as well.
Clearly we now have a better understanding about how ESPN plays in these movements and is a major factor...
With ut and ou rumored to be on the outs, this is very similar to how the big east was squeezed.... P5 could become P4 very easily. If this happens, very interesting to see how schools on the outs react.
Unless it's litigation, it won't matter at all how the schools left out react.

Reaction Score
Coastal Carolina wouldn't be going FBS if there was no hope. Stony Brook still wants to go FBS.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In theory, the CR spin machine cycles up again 2023-2024 as television deals come up for renewal. Which is why getting in to a conference now is so critical - to build the resume and lay the groundwork to make sure we are safe during any future movement. Complacency of prior administrations is what got us in this mess so we have to always be pushing to make sure it never happens again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BIG absorbs the best of ACC
SEC absorbs the best of what's left of the ACC and the best of the XII.

The PAC takes what makes sense from the XII and you have a P3 of anywhere from 50 to 60 teams of two divisions each. Maybe a 4th conference can scrap together a viable league from what's left. The CFP will be the 3 Champs plus one at large. The rest of the bowls will be filled with the other division Champs and power teams.

There will be little money for anyone else. The NCAA BB tournament will have 25-30 teams from the P3.

Reaction Score

The PAC takes what makes sense from the XII and you have a P3 of anywhere from 50 to 60 teams of two divisions each. Maybe a 4th conference can scrap together a viable league from what's left. The CFP will be the 3 Champs plus one at large. The rest of the bowls will be filled with the other division Champs and power teams.

There will be little money for anyone else. The NCAA BB tournament will have 25-30 teams from the P3.

How is this going to happen if the ACC just reupped their GOR until 2032?

Reaction Score

And no one would watch college basketball anymore.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How is this going to happen if the ACC just reupped their GOR until 2032?

The better question to ask is why do the other major conferences GORs all expire around that time, and why did they want it that way?

Assuming CFB is still popular and not college video game leagues, then the money will be huge compared to today's huge. The ACC GOR won't be able to hold teams if they can double their take and ESPN can't or won't double their take.

We may even see a few schools fold up big time football for a number of reasons. Their labor problem isn't going away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What happens in 2025? Don't know but I'd guess that Zagar and Evans do.

Reaction Score
ND and UCONN to the ACC
UT and KU to the B1G
OU and WVU to the SEC
KSU, ISU, TT and OSU to the PAC

Big 12 leftovers to the AAC.

Reaction Score
ND and UCONN to the ACC
UT and KU to the B1G
OU and WVU to the SEC

I like it, and I'd be happy with it... but I am going with...
KU, OU, UT, and UConn to the B1G
WVU and UC to the ACC
Best of AAC and MWC join B12 leftovers in the nB12

Reaction Score
ND and UCONN to the ACC
UT and KU to the B1G
OU and WVU to the SEC

I don't see WVU to the SEC but the rest makes some sense. SEC will be all about cable boxes in their next expansions and most city metro areas have more people than the entire state of WVA.

Reaction Score

The ACC isn't going to going away if there is a contraction down to only four "P" conferences. It's the only conference whose footprint is in the Eastern time zone, where the vast majority of the nation's television sets are located. The conference that's going to implode will be the B12. ESPN and FOX will be raped by their expansion plans and will fight it.

Texas' own 3rd tier network, even though it's not doing as well as they hoped, is the equivalent to the deal that Notre Dame used to have in the Big East, which was a factor in the league blowing up (along with poaching by the ACC and Big 10 and dilution of the football product from its peak).

It seems to me that UConn eventually will wind up either in the Big 10 where you would bolster their basketball product and certainly get them more east coast viewers than Maryland and Rutgers, or maybe you will get the 16th seat in the ACC when Notre Dame is eventually forced to join a conference to remain part of the football national championship playoffs. Others think the ACC will go after Texas, by how realistic is that? Makes very little sense. But your football product has to improve. You've got a good new stadium, and I see you are pushing season ticket sales.

I find it hard to believe that you and BYU would be left out of any final 64 team "Power" configuration, in favor of schools like Cincinnati or Houston or Colorado State or Memphis. You have a better national brand than a bunch of current P5 schools like Wake Forest and Vanderbilt. This will be fascinating to watch it play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom