What happened to ESPN online? | The Boneyard

What happened to ESPN online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Did ESPN turn into an even more odious version of Windows 8?

Reaction Score
Did ESPN turn into an even more odious version of Windows 8?
espn.com is now dummy downed to the liking level of a twelve year old. Too much glitter, not enough substance.

Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible redesign! It is incoherent and unintelligible drivel that is perfect for those with attention span deficits, which seems like most of the population these days. Someone mentioned in another thread that people will get used to it, but I find myself going there less and less this week. When I do go there it is more out of habit than anything else. The problem is that more and more sites are going to this type of design. CNNSI.com went through a similar transformation last year and I never go there anymore, after going there multiple times a day. Oh well, I guess we can't stop "progress."

Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible redesign! It is incoherent and unintelligible drivel that is perfect for those with attention span deficits, which seems like most of the population these days. Someone mentioned in another thread that people will get used to it, but I find myself going there less and less this week. When I do go there it is more out of habit than anything else. The problem is that more and more sites are going to this type of design. CNNSI.com went through a similar transformation last year and I never go there anymore, after going there multiple times a day. Oh well, I guess we can't stop "progress."

You'll be missed.

Reaction Score

Are you talking about the content, or the design itself? The design itself is on par with today's HTML5-based sites that deliver dynamic content with the same look and feel across multiple devices. This is absolutely progress, btw.

Reaction Score
The next thing they'll do is make you wait through a 20 second advertisement before getting to any content like a youtube or news channel video, and someone will say this is progress.

Reaction Score
The next thing they'll do is make you wait through a 20 second advertisement before getting to any content like a youtube or news channel video, and someone will say this is progress.

You guys need to learn about adblock.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You guys need to learn about adblock.
I haven't watched an ad online in like... 4 years.

It's free! (Just be sure to add the boneyard to the exception list so the ad revenue can keep this place running ;))

Reaction Score
I haven't watched an ad online in like... 4 years.

It's free! (Just be sure to add the boneyard to the exception list so the ad revenue can keep this place running ;))

But the ads have been watching you, looking for weaknesses :)

Reaction Score
Please educate me
Thanks

What browser are you using? If the answer isn't Chrome, you need to start using Chrome. The add-ons are great, but adblock and similar ones will literally block ads from appearing/playing on your screen. Generally speaking, a video with an ad up front becomes just the video.

Reaction Score
I went to ESPN on my work computer today to see when the Sox were playing. The new ESPN website does not support the IE version we use. I don't know if that says more about ESPN or my company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom