What happened to Adams? | The Boneyard

What happened to Adams?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I stupidly set my DVR for CBS Sports Network and not CBS so I missed all but the last 2 minutes of the game. By that time Jalen was already out but an explanation was never given.

Reaction Score
Sprained his left ankle landing on an opponents foot late in the first half. Not sure of the extent of the injury but he didn't play the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Yeah, having JA would have been nice though he does have issues with teams that like to double team him. Not sure SMU would have played us the same with JA in the game. We won't ever know though.

Reaction Score
We have been climbing uphill from day one. Hard to believe, hard to take.

Reaction Score
Twisted his ankle and went directly to locker room with about 3 minutes to go in 1st half. Was late coming out to layup lines before 2nd half and realized he couldn't go on it and returned to locker room. Ended up coming out to bench a few minutes into 2nd half with ice on his left ankle.

Tough loss but uconn probably still loses with out the injury

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Now this team is down to 7 scholarship players."

"I thought they had 11."

"No, this team's got 7."
I drank eleven 7 and 7's once. Or was it 7 7 and 7's? I don't know why I can't remember but I know it was one or the other. Since drinking was unusual back then it was a whopper of an evening. Definitely used up one of my nine lives that night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
God, just imagine how this game could have played out differently without the sprain, especially on the floor when uconn was down 5 or 6...sigh. Tough season.

Except for the fact that he was playing poorly and they cut the lead after he went out. I'm a big fan of Adams, but both he and Purvis are streaky as hell, and go into long droughts.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. For the entire second half Jalen was on the bench with what looked like ice taped to his ankle. During timeouts he was the solo guy on the bench. It was a bad look that didn't join the huddle once. I fear it's a bad sprain.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. For the entire second half Jalen was on the bench with what looked like ice taped to his ankle. During timeouts he was the solo guy on the bench. It was a bad look that didn't join the huddle once. I fear it's a bad sprain.

Bad look? Why would he walk on an injured ankle?

Reaction Score
But he did limp off on it, which is a better sign than not being able to touch it down at all.

It's really impossible to tell with these things. Players have stayed in and played and ended up having a ligament tear (not because of staying in). I remember Rob Gronkowski in football a few years ago kept playing, but he was hobbled for 3 weeks after.

That being said, I don't think it was a high ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
Just saw his snap story. He's in a boot and said "yup, they done got me". :(:confused: I'm shocked at the amount of players that wear low basketball shoes. I would roll my ankle every game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I heard he was in a boot my gut reaction was that we won't see him again until the conference tournament.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Spontaneous combustion.

Or he choked on his own vomit.

With all the casualties this season I can't keep them straight.

It was actually someone else's vomit. You know they can't prove whose vomit it was. You can't really dust for vomit.

Reaction Score
They still need to win a game before the conference tournament to get the first round bye, right?

Anyone confident we can win at ECU without a point guard? Hope the ankle isn't too bad.

Reaction Score
Didn't SMU play with 7?

This has been said before (i.e. last years cuse), guys saying they don't understand how we can't compete and win every game due to playing with 7 and with that said I don't know how you meant it, but there is a big, BIG, difference between playing just your top 7 by going with a small rotation, and playing with the last 7 you have left. We are not playing 7 on purpose with TL, AG, JA, and the guys who make up our best 7.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom