What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff? | The Boneyard

What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
This is different from other threads as it is specific to players or coaches who previously played at or coached at UConn!

Reaction Score
Foley & Breiner. I love what Fordham does on offense. The only thing I'd like to know is if Breiner actually called plays. He was OC under Moorehead - don't know who called plays there. And then he was HC so I'm not sure if he was calling plays then either.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Foley, wholley, no players I can think of are in coaching

Reaction Score
Scott Lutrus

If BS stays - Matt Bonislawski - just started coaching in Tampa Area - could really help BS in Randy's system.

Reaction Score
Foley & Breiner. I love what Fordham does on offense. The only thing I'd like to know is if Breiner actually called plays. He was OC under Moorehead - don't know who called plays there. And then he was HC so I'm not sure if he was calling plays then either.

According to this article Breiner did call plays under Moorehead, and still does as a HC. Interesting article about Breiner and Moorehead. Worth a read.

Hershey Grad Breiner Gets Fordham HC Job | The Sun

Not sure he'll come here as an OC, but it would be nice for Edsall to hire him as the Assistant head coach/ Offensive Coordinator. That would be a big move.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what he was doing this past year.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Reaction Score
Maybe Kasif or Marcus for WR coach? if available. No coaching experience but NFL player experience. Bring UConn culture and attractive to recruits.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe it is very possible that one or two kids who played for RE here but never coached could come in as graduate assistants. I believe they would need at least a year of that under their belts before becoming a position coach.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wholley and Foley are on my list too. As for former players I mentioned DJ Hernandez in another thread but was told he is difficult to work with. I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not, but the man bled Husky blue and was the ultimate team-player. I'm not sure if he's still interested in coaching after his stint at Iowa, but if he is, I think Randy should gauge interest.

I never thought about it but when I saw someone mention Andre Dixon, I smiled. Guy always comes to spring games and I've seen him during games too. Came up for the Edsall presser as well. To say he bleeds Husky blue is an understatement. Always played with heart and handled split carries throughout his career pretty well (i.e. team player). Could certainly bring some enthusiasm and energy to the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I hope Newsome and Ron Jon get one year of the way things used to be for RB's around here. Anyone remember the screen passes to Dre? Then the power game his last year teamed with Jordan?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Reaction Score
I hope Newsome and Ron Jon get one year of the way things used to be for RB's around here. Anyone remember the screen passes to Dre? Then the power game his last year teamed with Jordan?
Funny that you mention screen passes. Watching some of the old highlight vids posted over the last couple of days, we had an awesome screen game. Amazes me how far we have fallen.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Reaction Score
Amazes me how far we have fallen, and excites me on the opportunities that are coming back.

Reaction Score
Wholley and Foley are on my list too. As for former players I mentioned DJ Hernandez in another thread but was told he is difficult to work with. I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not, but the man bled Husky blue and was the ultimate team-player. I'm not sure if he's still interested in coaching after his stint at Iowa, but if he is, I think Randy should gauge interest.

I never thought about it but when I saw someone mention Andre Dixon, I smiled. Guy always comes to spring games and I've seen him during games too. Came up for the Edsall presser as well. To say he bleeds Husky blue is an understatement. Always played with heart and handled split carries throughout his career pretty well (i.e. team player). Could certainly bring some enthusiasm and energy to the sidelines.

Oh yeah, it'd be fun to have a Coach Dred roaming the sidelines.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff?
The ones that can recruit P-5 caliber athletes. Not the ones busy flipping FCS caliber athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom