What does this mean re WFSB | The Boneyard

What does this mean re WFSB

Reaction Score
Does this mean additional content like maybe full press conference on TV, coaches road show and things like that?

Reaction Score
With what was said in the announcements it seems as more content as the Sacred Heat game was TBA on where it would be aired when CBS Sports times where announced. Only additional content where mentioned so and that in UConn’s announcement it talks about how it will also open up opportunities for students in journalism etc.. so I see this as additional content to the two partnerships UConn already has.
UConn Athletics Announces Partnership With WFSB & WWAX - University of Connecticut Athletics

Attachments

• IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 65
Reaction Score
This is the official UConn release.

It says WFSB Channel 3 UConn Football Season Preview Show on Sat., Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. featuring Mora.

UConn vs. Sacred Heart football game on Sat., Nov. 18, at noon.

UConn Huskies men's basketball, ice hockey, baseball, softball, and several coaches' shows are all in the works.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Never bad that a linear TV partner emerges like this.

Weird, though - this seems to de emphasize UConn+, though.

Reaction Score
Never bad that a linear TV partner emerges like this.

Weird, though - this seems to de emphasize UConn+, though.
It doesn’t for me. I live out of state and UConn+ is the only way I could watch any of those shows.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t for me. I live out of state and UConn+ is the only way I could watch any of those shows.
I’m 99% sure you can watch WFSB outside of the state. But UConn+ isn’t going anywhere

Reaction Score
I’m guessing this one lets them carry games that aren’t carried on our main partners. CBSSN for football and FS1-2 for basketball. ESPN and NESN for hockey. Maybe they show an occasional hockey game which Fox61 and some other stations carried in previous years, or the odd womens game or maybe a cupcake hoop game like the season opener which FS only showed a part of in their around the league format. Maybe a soccer match or two and a few baseball games as well.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Would be nice is WFSB could give us some away games if possible.

Reaction Score
Would be nice is WFSB could give us some away games if possible.
I dont really think thats possible at all since the Home teams always own the rights to the games. The only away game I am worried about is UMass since they used to have that awful deal with Flo sports. However, I believe they now have a deal with ESPN+ to broadcast their games if I remember correctly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dont really think thats possible at all since the Home teams always own the rights to the games. The only away game I am worried about is UMass since they used to have that awful deal with Flo sports. However, I believe they now have a deal with ESPN+ to broadcast their games if I remember correctly.
That it's a "neutral" game being played at UMass might mean we get a say.

Reaction Score
The schedule doesn't list WFSB as the broadcaster of the SHU game. Is it possible that fell through? If we're performing well and garnering attention, is it possible for CBS(SN) to bring it back to broadcast themselves?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wonder if they are just going to show UConn+ content
I think this is exactly what's going to happen. Connecticut is already self producing this material so it becomes inexpensive content for WFSB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom