What Does It Take to Get In? | The Boneyard

What Does It Take to Get In?

Reaction Score
4 more regular season games.

3-1 I think is only good enough to tread water and be squarely on the bubble heading into the BET. I think we would need to go 2-1 there to be safe.

I think 5 wins and we're definitely in.

4 wins and we're on the right side of the bubble most likely.

3 wins isn't going to cut it.

Reaction Score
Still think we win out the rest of the regular season. Toughest game remaining will be at Seton Hall. Please don’t lose any of the remaining games with Georgetown and Marquette and we should be in.

Reaction Score
3-1 I think is only good enough to tread water and be squarely on the bubble heading into the BET. I think we would need to go 2-1 there to be safe.
Against Providence, Seton Hall and Georgetown 2x? 3-1 is an absolute must.

If we can't beat Creighton and Villanova then we must beat up the inferior teams. 3-1 in the remaining games puts us at 10-4 in the Big East against teams other than Creighton/Villanova.

Reaction Score
4-0 and win a game in BE tourney to get in. 3-1 and you’ll need to make it to the title game in BE tourney.

Reaction Score
3-1 and a win in the BET and we're safely in. I really think people haven't watched teams around college basketball, this year is bad
Yup. The amount of "bubble" quality teams this year far outweighs the locks. It just doesn't seem like that because of the scheduling issues.

Reaction Score
Need a Quad 1 win so beat SH and win the other 3 meaning sweep remaining games.

To make sure, win one game in BET.

Reaction Score
Almost hard to be as wrong as this post is. Good work.

Cause we were a bubble team before this game. What makes you think the committee is going to think differently of us if we drop a game to Marquette or GTown?

Reaction Score
The lack of Q1 and low NET will be a problem.

The committee has gone away from the old "eye test" method of seeding teams and relies almost exclusively on the numbers.

Probably need to win the remaining 4 with at Seton Hall being a Q1 win.

Otherwise a deep run in BE tournament will be needed

Reaction Score
The lack of Q1 and low NET will be a problem.

The committee has gone away from the old "eye test" method of seeding teams and relies almost exclusively on the numbers.

Probably need to win the remaining 4 with at Seton Hall being a Q1 win.

Otherwise a deep run in BE tournament will be needed
For the 1,000th time, the NET is a joke this year.

Reaction Score
Cause we were a bubble team before this game. What makes you think the committee is going to think differently of us if we drop a game to Marquette or GTown?
That is a vastly different statement from what you said.

Reaction Score
It’s weird this team feels so much like a tournament team that I haven’t been worried. That said, I think we’re gonna need at least 4 wins including the BET to get in. It’s all about numbers and I don’t think those losses without Bouk will be as discounted as some think. Also have to account for a few bid stealers, especially this year with teams potentially sitting out conference tournaments.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We NEED to win the Hall game and avoid going 1-2 in the remaining games.

1 win against @ Seton Hall will have way more impact than 1 loss vs Marquette or vs/@ Georgetown.

If we finish the last 4 with a 3-1 record including a win @ Hall, I really like our chances and probably only have to win 1 in the BET to be a lock.

If we lose to @ Hall but go still 3-1 in the game that are left, I think we need to win at least 2, possibly 3 (depending on if we get the 4, 5 or 6 seed) in the BET to be a lock.

We haven't beaten anyone in the Big East with a winning conference record to date, that's not good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
4 more regular season games.

I think 5 wins and we're definitely in.

4 wins and we're on the right side of the bubble most likely.

3 wins isn't going to cut it.
3-1 if Seton Hall is one of the three should be enough, with all the other brand names on the outside we will get credit for playing without Bouk. The 2 games we lost without him are Creighton and Nova.

TBH getting in is not enough. This team is good enough to win 2 games.

Also, our first game in the BET will only matter if we lose it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom