What Does It Take to Get In? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Does It Take to Get In?

Reaction Score
We NEED to win the Hall game and avoid going 1-2 in the remaining games.

1 win against @ Seton Hall will have way more impact than 1 loss vs Marquette or vs/@ Georgetown.

If we finish the last 4 with a 3-1 record including a win @ Hall, I really like our chances and probably only have to win 1 in the BET to be a lock.

If we lose to @ Hall but go still 3-1 in the game that are left, I think we need to win at least 2, possibly 3 (depending on if we get the 4, 5 or 6 seed) in the BET to be a lock.

We haven't beaten anyone in the Big East with a winning conference record to date, that's not good.
That will change in 24 hours when X beats Butler.

This part is not directed towards you, but I love the NCAA tournament threads are a ghost yard when we win but a soon as we lose the same trolls come to feed immediately.

Reaction Score
We have to have Bouknight for all of those games and today he got banged up and was ineffective in the second half. If he can’t be 100%.....

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
4 more regular season games.

3-1 I think is only good enough to tread water and be squarely on the bubble heading into the BET. I think we would need to go 2-1 there to be safe.

I think 5 wins and we're definitely in.

4 wins and we're on the right side of the bubble most likely.

3 wins isn't going to cut it.
I just want to say I used the acronym "BET" in a group text, and my son told me I'm making up my own acronyms now

Kids

Four more total wins, we're in

Reaction Score
I honestly think having Bouknight will push us in this year if we’re on the bubble. Money will be down because of lack of attendance and the metrics are all off this year. People will tune in to watch Bouk play. He’s a household name among those that pay attention to college basketball. People will want to watch the lottery pick and the NCAA will want to draw eyes any way they can.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I’m thinking to stay optimistic.

Reaction Score
G'town will be a handful so we better be ready. They are up on the Hall right now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We have to do whatever it takes to make the NCAAs this season. We have a tourney team with Bouk but we need to win at least 3 of the 4 games. If not then it will be very disappointing . I do believe they will accomplish that.

Reaction Score
GTown beat Hall DePaul beat St. John’s. This league is a crapshoot every nite.

Reaction Score
I think you’ll get in with 3 wins and one in BET. That puts you at like 10-3 or something with the team as currently constituted. How many bubble teams can make that kind of claim? I think that will play well in the consideration.

Reaction Score
9 seed as of today by Jerry Palm

The most accurate "braketologist" over the last five years is Bracketville. Has us as a 12 seed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we win out the rest of the regular season except for Seton Hall then we'll probably have to win two games in the BET to avoid sweating on Selection Sunday. If we win all 4 of our remaining games then we're probably in regardless of what happens in the BET, but one win would pretty much lock it up. Lose any of the three Georgetown/Marquette games and we're going to definitely have to do some work in the BET.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI according to Kenpom projections we have a ~15% chance to win out.

Reaction Score
If we win out the rest of the regular season except for Seton Hall then we'll probably have to win two games in the BET to avoid sweating on Selection Sunday. If we win all 4 of our remaining games then we're probably in regardless of what happens in the BET, but one win would pretty much lock it up. Lose any of the three Georgetown/Marquette games and we're going to definitely have to do some work in the BET.
I don't disagree with that premise, but in that scenario there is a good chance we are in that 4/5 game against either Seton Hall or Xavier. If we win that game on a neutral floor, I think we would be in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom