What does Connecticut’s national championship mean to the Big East and it’s next negotiation of its media deal? | The Boneyard

What does Connecticut’s national championship mean to the Big East and it’s next negotiation of its media deal?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
maybe some day the big east title game will outdraw the a-10, aac or mwc.

gratz huskies!

Reaction Score
If this helps get us to a P5 like the B1G or B12, that would be manna from heaven. The BE won’t get much more and whatever they get will be light years behind P5 conference shares running between $40M to $100M per year per school. The AAC and PAC are the poor man’s conferences right now at $30- 35M.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this helps get us to a P5 like the B1G or B12, that would be manna from heaven. The BE won’t get much more and whatever they get will be light years behind P5 conference shares running between $40M to $100M per year per school. The AAC and PAC are the poor man’s conferences right now at $30- 35M.
No doubt, but as of today, we are still a member of the Big East conference. The narrative of us being undefeated out of conference, yet neither winning a regular season, nor tourney championship is one that the Big East can exploit in media negotiations. My only fear is that a GOR might be linked to any significant increase.

Reaction Score
No doubt, but as of today, we are still a member of the Big East conference. The narrative of us being undefeated out of conference, yet neither winning a regular season, nor tourney championship is one that the Big East can exploit in media negotiations. My only fear is that a GOR might be linked to any significant increase.
Good call on the GOR.

Reaction Score
UConn has to carve out a niche for a P5 invite. Everyone associated with the school and Big East has to understand, football is here to stay for us, we are the only the Big East schools with this issue hanging over us. I think winning last night proves the move back to the Big East has been beneficial for both UConn and the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom