What does a UConn practice look like these days? | The Boneyard

What does a UConn practice look like these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually am curious. I don`t post this simply out of frustration. Len Elmore mentioned how upbeat KO´s practices are. Perhaps the tone needs to change a bit to see if the team responds.

KO said he is responsible for not taking DH out of the game and how he can´t go 0-7 in the midst of a shooting slump! So if he continues to shoot the 3, bench him! Run a play for him to get free inside the paint or have him pump fake and maybe get to the line to watch one go through the net.

I hate to rag on Miller and Gibbs, especially as they were the only two to show up, but some of their decision making really makes you scratch your head. Miller´s retaliation arm extension was beyond stupid and besides Gibbs´ 3s, which in tonight´s game was the only offense we had, his inability to pass the ball, finish inside the paint and make his teammates better is more of a negative than his 3s are a positive. Jalen hasn´t played well and I´m sure as a freshman this is hurting his confidence but I´m sure it´s a tough situation sharing the floor with a 5th year senior with his clutch reputation. A player´s meeting absolutely needs to be called.

Reaction Score
I actually am curious. I don`t post this simply out of frustration. Len Elmore mentioned how upbeat KO´s practices are. Perhaps the tone needs to change a bit to see if the team responds.

KO said he is responsible for not taking DH out of the game and how he can´t go 0-7 in the midst of a shooting slump! So if he continues to shoot the 3, bench him! Run a play for him to get free inside the paint or have him pump fake and maybe get to the line to watch one go through the net.

I hate to rag on Miller and Gibbs, especially as they were the only two to show up, but some of their decision making really makes you scratch your head. Miller´s retaliation arm extension was beyond stupid and besides Gibbs´ 3s, which in tonight´s game was the only offense we had, his inability to pass the ball, finish inside the paint and make his teammates better is more of a negative than his 3s are a positive. Jalen hasn´t played well and I´m sure as a freshman this is hurting his confidence but I´m sure it´s a tough situation sharing the floor with a 5th year senior with his clutch reputation. A player´s meeting absolutely needs to be called.
@Jerry1714 do you care to comment about the head coaches quotes regarding Hamilton's playing time?

Reaction Score
Jalen hasn´t played well and I´m sure as a freshman this is hurting his confidence but I´m sure it´s a tough situation sharing the floor with a 5th year senior with his clutch reputation.

I don't understand what stuff like this even means. It must be tough for his confidence sharing the ball with a fifth year senior who's better because Jalen had a clutch reputation in high school? It's weird to single out the only two guys who came close to showing up to advocate for a kid who is behind the curve.

Reaction Score
@Jerry1714 do you care to comment about the head coaches quotes regarding Hamilton's playing time?
God, being stupid is one thing, I mean that Adams floater last night cannot stop thinking how special he is going to be. But obsessed? Now that is scary.

I hope you spent the night reading up on the game of basketball so you can realize Sunday that how and when someone "contributes" while they out there. I would love to have an intelligent conversation with you at some point. In the meantime I will send you some videos of players hitting wide open floaters, because those players are special.

Reaction Score

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see reading is hard for you as well.

Ollie said. “It’s better than this. You can’t have guys 1-for-7, 0-for-7. You’ve got to get them penetrating. Daniel had 14 rebounds, at least he does something.”

“It’s just settling (for 3-pointers),” Ollie said. "I just call it settling, not being tough, not getting to the basket, not playing aggressive.”

Not sure how to help you understand that he is not saying bench these players, its taking them out and coaching them, which he said multiple times he needs to do a better job of, to not be chucking 3s when they are cold but going to the basket.

Oh, and "at least he does something" comment, I thought Hamilton did not contribute? Man you are just not bright, give up, I know I am in your head but go home.

Reaction Score
I acknowledged Hamilton's rebounds numerous times. Unfortunately rebounds don't mean when you cannot score. It seems you have quite a bit of time, can you figure out how many points came as a result of Hamilton's rebounds?

Reaction Score
I acknowledged Hamilton's rebounds numerous times. Unfortunately rebounds don't mean when you cannot score. It seems you have quite a bit of time, can you figure out how many points came as a result of Hamilton's rebounds?
"What was Hamilton's contribution tonight? Educate me." That was your quote. All that needs to be said.

Do you realize assists lead to points? And that when you have 14 defensive rebounds you stop the other team from getting a 2nd chance to score? I doubt you knew any of those.

Hey but we have Adams and he is special, he shots 38% from the field on floaters.

Reaction Score
Last night Adams dove to the floor to get a loose ball unfortunately it didn't go our way but I liked the kid hustle. Also last night there was a play where Gibbs stole the ball at half court line as he was pushing it to the basket I think it was Facey he was underneath the basket all by himself and there was another husky at the free throw line also by himself Gibb didn't even look at them he score himself. That selfish mentality really really bothered I know Boat, Bazz, Kemba, Price, Brown etc they would have passed the ball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Almost four hours and no Iverson mention yet? For shame, Boneyard. For shame.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If the games looks like this...I don't want to know how practice looks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yep rebounds mean nothing
Let's stop trying to rebound because we all know for a fact that nothing good will ever come out of it. If you can't score as a result of a rebound what good is it - c'mon Jerry - wake up. I knew that was Detroits problem all along - Drummond can rebound but can't hit foul shots, therefore his rebounds mean ,
What in God's name are you spewing about? If UConn can't hit 50% of their shots should they stop shooting?
You don't care for DHam - that's a given
And Jerry is now crapping on Adams. Those floaters last night were a thing of beauty.
GUYS - I'd like to see you cut the crap. Take it offline
Adams has his weaknesses and DHam has his but both have and will contribute.
Neither are the sole reason for the team's dismal recent performance but they both do share a part in it.
Collectively, the coaches and the players need to figure out what the hell is wrong with this team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep rebounds mean nothing
Let's stop trying to rebound because we all know for a fact that nothing good will ever come out of it. If you can't score as a result of a rebound what good is it - c'mon Jerry - wake up. I knew that was Detroits problem all along - Drummond can rebound but can't hit foul shots, therefore his rebounds mean ,
What in God's name are you spewing about? If UConn can't hit 50% of their shots should they stop shooting?
You don't care for DHam - that's a given
And Jerry is now crapping on Adams. Those floaters last night were a thing of beauty.
GUYS - I'd like to see you cut the crap. Take it offline
Adams has his weaknesses and DHam has his but both have and will contribute.
Neither are the sole reason for the team's dismal recent performance but they both do share a part in it.
Collectively, the coaches and the players need to figure out what the hell is wrong with this team.
You are a school teacher, arent ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky