What do you want to see most from tonight's game? | The Boneyard

What do you want to see most from tonight's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other than a win of course, for me, it's rebounding. With the team that we have, I'm pretty confident we'll be able to shoot the ball D-up and pass pretty well. For the past few years your rebounding has been weak, and I think dominating a weaker opponent like Bryant on the boards could really build up confidence for our front court guys.

Other than rebounding, I would say hustle/effort is a close number 2

Reaction Score
I want to see us run a bit and have some cohesion offensively. We don't have Bazz to bail us out with 30 footers anymore and I don't want Boat to try and replicate that tactic as it is really not his game. I believe that D is second nature with this team. Ideally, with Purvis out, tonight would have been a great time to get Omar off on the right foot.

Reaction Score
Other than a win of course, for me, it's rebounding. With the team that we have, I'm pretty confident we'll be able to shoot the ball D-up and pass pretty well. For the past few years your rebounding has been weak, and I think dominating a weaker opponent like Bryant on the boards could really build up confidence for our front court guys.

Other than rebounding, I would say hustle/effort is a close number 2

Unlike the exhibitions, I'd like to see us come out and punch an inferior team in the mouth, and then punch them in the mouth again en route to a 20 point halftime lead. I'd like to spend the second half worrying about whether that last 3 Bryant hit is the beginning of a run to let them get the margin under 25.

I'd like the team to gain confidence in its talent tonight, I'll worry about the specifics next week.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I want to the BoatShow successfully communicating and running the offense.

I want to see DHam get in the game officially.

I want to see Banner #4.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
In order of importance:
  • 25 minutes from Brimah
  • Quick ball-movement from the guards (not just penetrate and dish)
  • Two jumpers from Facey
  • Hamilton, Purvis or Little Balls going off

Reaction Score
A win that's not too ugly.

I really want to finally see Hamilton play.

I'd love to see some solid play from the bigs- Brimah, Nolan, and/or Facey.

Reaction Score
I want Amida to not pick up fouls so quickly and for Nolan to start dunking strong with both hands and also I want to see better free throws they missed 21 out of 54? in the exhibition games.

Reaction Score
A few things I'd like to see:
  • Nolan, Brimah, and Facey avoid foul trouble against a smaller team
  • I'd like to see Lubin come out and dominate when he gets minutes in these early games
  • I want to see Cassell out there without Boat at some point to see how he handles running the offense.
  • I want to see the offense run through Brimah at least a little bit.
  • Most importantly, I want to see them RUN. Ollie has said he wants a fast break team which has me excited. I want this team to flat out run up and down the court for 40 minutes like we've seen UCONN teams do before. Run so much that the other team is too tired to come back out after half time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I want to see us run a bit and have some cohesion offensively. We don't have Bazz to bail us out with 30 footers anymore and I don't want Boat to try and replicate that tactic as it is really not his game. I believe that D is second nature with this team. Ideally, with Purvis out, tonight would have been a great time to get Omar off on the right foot.
omar is not likely to play tonight, still injured... really feel sorry for the kid

Reaction Score
A win that's not too ugly.

I really want to finally see Hamilton play.

I'd love to see some solid play from the bigs- Brimah, Nolan, and/or Facey.
Check out the videos of the preseason games on uconnhuskygames.com, they have them both up. It'll be decent pre-game fodder to get you ready for tonight

everyone else's clocks moving super slow at work today?

Reaction Score
The new guys continuing their level of play against D 1 competition

I want to see the team really get it going in transition

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I want to see more T-Sam. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity before him with Purvis ineligible and Omar sidelined. I think he's really going to push some of the more talked about players for minutes this year. Yes his jumper leaves a little to be desired but he always moves deliberately as soon as he gets the ball. It never sticks in his hands and he typically makes the right read in terms of passing to the wings or attacking the basket. I wan't him to knock everyone's hair back tonight with his minutes.

Reaction Score
omar is not likely to play tonight, still injured... really feel sorry for the kid

Hence why it would have been great to get him some major minutes and some confidence to move forward. Depending on how long he is out, he will again having to fight off the rust while trying to earn in a crowded 2/3 lineup.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hence why it would have been great to get him some major minutes and some confidence to move forward. Depending on how long he is out, he will again having to fight off the rust while trying to earn in a crowded 2/3 lineup.
yeah, but maybe he can be giff for us if he can focus on becoming a strong rebounder and defender at the 4 at times when we want to go small

Reaction Score
Less turnovers
Utilizing Brimah more on offense and if he gets in foul trouble

Reaction Score
Rebound and don't look like ass against a low-major.

Purvis in fake glasses and a nose would be gravy.
Untitled-1.png

Reaction Score
Some kind of flow/rhythm/plan on offense.

Last year (and really, the past several years), we relied way too heavily on a transcendent point guard who could get his own shot late in the shot clock when needed. That's not a formula for consistent success. Let's see some intelligent off-ball screening, shooters flashing to the foul line against a zone, maybe some cross-screens underneath to free up bigs on the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom