What do you think of the wildcat/wild Huskie? | The Boneyard

What do you think of the wildcat/wild Huskie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had to miss the first half today due to work. (I'll probably watch the DVR copy on Monday.) Anyway, I was confused by Fox's 68 yard TD in the stats until I saw him running the wild huskie midway through the third quarter. It obviously was very effective today. Given all the angst over PPGDL's use of the wildcat, what do you all make of it? Good for the program, or no? I, personally have never had an issue with it, but it sure is nicer when it works!

Reaction Score
I have never had an issue with it either. McCummings won us a few games doing it.

We need to find a Wilddog QB for next season, we need more QB depth.

Given the way Shirreffs can run that style offense may become our base offense, which would be fantastic.

Reaction Score
Grossly effective in small doses. Can carry us to Russell Athletic Bowl? Days like today make games we lost all that much more frustrating. I feel like we could be 7-1 (byu is just too good)

Reaction Score
Foxx's run changed the game. Don't think UCF spent much, if any, time game planning for Foxx. After his first few runs, everything else on offense opened up. By the fourth quarter even CW ran for some good yardage. Game ball to Foxx.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
I have never had an issue with it either. McCummings won us a few games doing it.

We need to find a Wilddog QB for next season, we need more QB depth.

Given the way Shirreffs can run that style offense may become our base offense, which would be fantastic.

There was an Ansonia game on TV last year - pretty sure I saw Newsome lining up as QB a few times, similar to what Foxx is doing

Reaction Score
It's not a wildcat. It's simply Foxx running read option as a QB. Wildcat offenses, to me, involve a player moving across the formation prior to the snap.

When PGDL used it, they had Nick Williams starting as a wing, starting in motion on a full sprint prior to the snap. We never seemed to get the timing right because, as with just about everything else, they did a sh!tty job coaching it.

Reaction Score
It has to be used sparingly. PGDL practically advertised when he was going to use it.

Reaction Score
Wish we would offer Dario Highsmith. He'd be great running those packages, though I doubt he or McKnight have Foxx's speed which is what makes him so dangerous back there.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't mind a read option offense. Matter a fact I don't mind any offense as long as its successful. If we go the RG3 route thats fine. I like putting pressure on the ends with the ability to gash defenses with runs up the middle or have a QB who can scoot (much more so than whitmer) around the edge, but also have the third option of passing downfield (unlike foxx). It can definitely be an effective offense at the D1 level if run correctly. Just don't half ass it and try and have only some packages with some guys and others drop back and so on....(but that will come as HCBD and crew gets his recruits in and fits the puzzle pieces).

Reaction Score
fanbase has been pleading for open field razzle dazzle hit em where they aint dont tip hand attack since game uno

appears regime found thinking caps due to strategic hot foot by you know who

woowsa

spread that butta thick on yee bread & butter

Reaction Score
We need to hire an Amish translator to figure out these chapy riddles. I wonder if he hand rubs the finish on heaters wearing suspenders and a straw hat.

Reaction Score
I notice even with Whitmer under center or with the wild husky or future Lies with a running qb. I believe we are preparing our offense for mr Tyler Davis

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I notice even with Whitmer under center or with the wild husky or future Lies with a running qb. I believe we are preparing our offense for mr Tyler Davis

Can't forget about Shirreffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger