What did you all expect? | The Boneyard

What did you all expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two and half years of what we've been through can't be solved in two weeks.

If you're the 1 out of 1000 who thought making a mid-season change was a mistake, then you can gripe about Saturday because your coach didn't have the chance to duckk up the USF game (though they undoubtedly would have).

For everybody else, it's got to be seen as progress in the right direction.
  • OL and Running Game - We have both again, 'nuff said. So, so great to see this.
  • QB - You can debate whether Whitmer might've been just as good as Boyle but it doesn't really matter. Boyle is the future and now is the time to start the development curve. Did he have a few overthrows? Absolutely. Anyone expecting him not to be nervous is not being realistic. Ask yourself - when was the last time we saw a QB with that level of presence?
  • Defense - Played a really good game and played with energy and enthusiasm. Whether the D gameplan was creative enough for some people or not doesn't matter. The fact is that it worked against the team they were playing and it'll change up next week for Cincy.
  • WR's - Not good, obviously. Might need to change up some personnel here - or maybe not if you think quality can be developed by taking some lumps now You can't teach speed - you can teach hands.
  • K - Something happened to Christen coming out of his injury. He lost something and there's not much we can do about it. He'll keep trying to solve it and do his best. The same may be true with Wagner, though it's less glaring. New guys next year.
  • Staff - With so much change to make happen in 2 weeks, we shouldn't be surprised about 2nd half adjustments not being evident. It's a new approach for everyone and we're down 2 coaches. Re the clock right at the end, did they ever stop the clock to move the chains? I don't think they did, and they should have. Was this a mistake, absolutely - and I doubt nothing remotely like this happens again.
Fans - Saturday at noon I'm in front of the TV. Nov 8th, Nov 30th and Dec 7th I'm at the Rent. If you don't go the game because you have a family or whatever commitment, no problem. We all have lives. If you choose to stay away simply because you don't like what's happening, be my guest - but DON'T call yourself a UCONN fan. A fan will show their support for the kids and the program however well, or not, it's going. They're working hard to represent the university as best they can and now we can see that they really do care. That is worthy of my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom