What Danny's great pictures can only hint at | The Boneyard

What Danny's great pictures can only hint at

Reaction Score
Geno has said it: you have to be there to truly appreciate what Gabby can do. Well, sure, it's pretty obvious on TV. And even in other games I've been to. But on Saturday, I was sitting closest I've ever been--three rows behind Danny. And it's not just the leaping (below). It's the explosiveness that can't be captured. Gabby is on the court. And instantly--faster than we spectators can process it--she's airborne! But it's not only her feet. Her hands are as quick, snatching balls from opponents. The fastest quick-twitch muscles I've ever see. Folks in my row were gasping.
Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.18.01 AM.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno has said it: you have to be there to truly appreciate what Gabby can do. Well, sure, it's pretty obvious on TV. And even in other games I've been to. But on Saturday, I was sitting closest I've ever been--three rows behind Danny. And it's not just the leaping (below). It's the explosiveness that can't be captured. Gabby is on the court. And instantly--faster than we spectators can process it--she's airborne! But it's not only her feet. Her hands are as quick, snatching balls from opponents. The fastest quick-twitch muscles I've ever see. Folks in my row were gasping.
View attachment 21152
Second fastest - Moriah I believe had even faster quick twitch, and maybe a quicker BB IQ - both very high BB IQ, but Moriah processed 9 other players on the court and anticipated their movement in an instant, and the same with a single offensive player she was guarding, the number of times she was already in the space an opponent had just decided to move to always astonished me. Her leaping ability wasn't shabby either - in such a tiny frame it usually went unnoticed, but her fronting of SC bigs on switches in those games resulted in a number of turnovers when SC guards didn't think she posed a threat on a lob.
How lucky are we to lose Moriah and watch Gabby take over - back to back defensive players of the year in my opinion - different and playing different positions, but with so many similar attributes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom