What costs more | The Boneyard

What costs more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
firing BD now or waiting until January? Fire now, you keep some of the fan base, donors and season ticket holders. Is that worth more than the capital hit you take today? If he is here next year, season tickets will be down to potentially less than 10,000.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Mark Whipple and his entire staff at UMASS costs 830k. No joke. Pay the 5 million to get rid of Fiasco and pay 1.5 million to steal a much better coaching staff...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
BD is more than likely gonna get one more year and you think he plays desperate now wait til the seat is cherry red

Reaction Score
Shows the AD, the prez and the BOT know they have a disaster and need to end the process now. You need to salvage the nut job base on this board. You need to make a statement so people don't choos the DMV over the game again this year.

I fully acknowledge it is not happening now and it is 50/50 in my mind that he is even fired after the season just for fiscal reasons and he was probbaly promised 5 years. But it should happen now.

Reaction Score
BD is more than likely gonna get one more year and you think he plays desperate now wait til the seat is cherry red

TBH I'd like to see him "play desperate" but starting from the opening kickoff. Take more chances on offense/defense.

Reaction Score
no serious football program waits until January to fire a coach b/c a buyout clause.

Exactly. If the decision is made that he going to be canned (which I don't believe will happen) it happens right after the last game. Even if whomever you hire is involved in a NY day bowl you still want him in place as early as possible.

Reaction Score
Shows the AD, the prez and the BOT know they have a disaster and need to end the process now. You need to salvage the nut job base on this board. You need to make a statement so people don't choos the DMV over the game again this year.

I fully acknowledge it is not happening now and it is 50/50 in my mind that he is even fired after the season just for fiscal reasons and he was probbaly promised 5 years. But it should happen now.
I'm the DMV guy. You don't fire Diaco period. You can't keep canning coaches in the middle of year 3. They went bowling last year, he gets year 4.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Keeping dead weight at the top of your organization because you are worried about the cost to remove/replace last worked _________?

Can anyone give an example where keeping organizational rot until a more reasonable buyout cost comes has ever worked?

Reaction Score
I'm the DMV guy. You don't fire Diaco period. You can't keep canning coaches in the middle of year 3. They went bowling last year, he gets year 4.

Sorry, Diaco has moved squarely to hot seat. Don't think he keeps his job with just 4 wins and even 5 is dicey. A wholesale restructuring of offensive staff is definitely on the way no matter what happens. The empty seats are what is going to kill BD. Great home schedule this year and he blew it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder what names Benedict has in the top drawer of his desk.

Reaction Score
Sorry, Diaco has moved squarely to hot seat. Don't think he keeps his job with just 4 wins and even 5 is dicey. A wholesale restructuring of offensive staff is definitely on the way no matter what happens. The empty seats are what is going to kill BD. Great home schedule this year and he blew it.
Looks they restructured his deal to make his buyout way costlier before this year. if they fire him after that, they should go ahead and fire themselves as well.

Take the emotion out of this, and see it for what it is. Next year, different story.

Reaction Score
I know you are. Listen I think 50/50 on next year but season tickets will dive if he is back. Fire him and you maybe maintain the current base.

His record is terrible. His product is driving fans away and it is probable that this year will be worse than last year record wise with no bowl. And he has shown no positive curve in decision making or recruiting.

Uconn looks like the Flintstones with Fred and Barney pushing the car with their feet and everyone else looks like the Jetsons with flying cars.

Reaction Score
He must be feeling pressure the way he attacked the offensive incompetence in the post game stuff

I would like to see a QB change immediately, I think the play calling is related to the confidence (mostly lack thereof) they have in BS

That last 4 downs was telling, his throws and reads were awful. Please go

Reaction Score
Doesn't Diaco's buyout decrease after 1/1/17 by $1,500,000, from $5 million to $3,500,000? Or am I misremembering?

Reaction Score
He must be feeling pressure the way he attacked the offensive incompetence in the post game stuff

I would like to see a QB change immediately, I think the play calling is related to the confidence (mostly lack thereof) they have in BS

God I hate agreeing with you for the most part...

Reaction Score
Looks they restructured his deal to make his buyout way costlier before this year. if they fire him after that, they should go ahead and fire themselves as well.

Take the emotion out of this, and see it for what it is. Next year, different story.

Yep, DB screwed up on the buyout, no question about that. But if UConn finishes 3-9 or 4-8, BD is gone. At 3-5, both of those possibilities are becoming increasingly likely. After all the time she invested in Big 12 stuff the past nine months, I would hope Herbst learned that empty Rent seats are her worst enemy, and those empties are guaranteed if Diaco returns after 3-9 or 4-8.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UMass has won a single game all season...I'd rather have freescooter coach than Mark Whipple.

They've won a single game, and yet are playing teams with a great deal more talent and resources very closely. They seem to have no difficulty cracking 20 points, even against SEC defenses. You think we could use something like that, maybe??

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
They've won a single game, and yet are playing teams with a great deal more talent and resources very closely. They seem to have no difficulty cracking 20 points, even against SEC defenses. You think we could use something like that, maybe??

I'll take wins over playing teams close and losing. Not denying that what we have here isn't cutting it, but we can do much better than Whipple.

Reaction Score

Dude I know you hate Shirreffs as a QB but even Tom freaking Brady could not succeed in Verducci's offense.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Diaco's buyout decrease after 1/1/17 by $1,500,000, from $5 million to $3,500,000? Or am I misremembering?
I believe it has been written as such.

Which is why if he is fired, it will be after 1/1 IMO because 1.5 mil is the next coaches salary perhaps. Let Diaco play the year out. You'd look crazier than Diaco's red pants if you can him now because we still have a shot at a bowl game (not saying we're gonna make it).

In the end I think he gets one more season and Benedict orders him to revamp the offensive staff. Next year is the one that decides if he's around after that.

By the way, is this strength coach we have overrated? Has he been Diaco'd (i.e. he's talked about like he's a 10 but in reality he's a 4 or 5)? Can't say I'm wonderfully impressed with our offensive line unless in reality they aren't being taught well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom