What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled?

Reaction Score

Would sure hope so, can't imagine what are currently doing wouldn't translate into performance on the field. Playing actual games would likely also translate into performance on the field.
If what we are doing translates so well, maybe UConn can level the playing field with the Clemson's of the world by taking every other year off to just practice.

Reaction Score
Would sure hope so, can't imagine what are currently doing wouldn't translate into performance on the field. Playing actual games would likely also translate into performance on the field.
If what we are doing translates so well, maybe UConn can level the playing field with the Clemson's of the world by taking every other year off to just practice.
I agree. The players need to play at least 2-3 games to see where they stand. Somebody once said, “You can’t fix it if you don’t know what’s broke.” I don’t think RE will change his mind but I like what Steven Krajewski had to say. It looks like the players know the situation and are dealing with it the best they can. Good luck Huskies!

Reaction Score
I agree. The players need to play at least 2-3 games to see where they stand. Somebody once said, “You can’t fix it if you don’t know what’s broke.” I don’t think RE will change his mind but I like what Steven Krajewski had to say. It looks like the players know the situation and are dealing with it the best they can. Good luck Huskies!

I think we know what's broke.. IMO, it's our will to win... Sure we have less experience, but that's tired now. When next Fall comes we need to see the kind of heart shown by the teams of the past (10 years ago )... If that doesn't happen, things have to change again(new staff)....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If this program is going to turn the corner we need 84 and others to start making those next level catches

Reaction Score
I think we know what's broke.. IMO, it's our will to win... Sure we have less experience, but that's tired now. When next Fall comes we need to see the kind of heart shown by the teams of the past (10 years ago )... If that doesn't happen, things have to change again(new staff)....

Reaction Score
Does Playing Matter?

I thought he was a good coach at UCF but this guy has his head on wrong. See 2:55 mark of video, he actually thinks hard to get better without playing!
I'm sure HCRE2.0, who never makes excuses for how his coaching translates into wins on the field, and won't mention "lack of recent game experience" for any miscues by players in 2021 (just "eye discipline and execution".

Reaction Score

Not trolling, but that was funny. You will benefit from not having players injured.

Serious Questions:

1) In a normal year, teams are limited to X practices in the Fall (X + n if you make a bowl+ Y practices in the Spring. Are you guys going to get the full complement of practices in? If so, Spring?

My Mustangs have already played 8 games plus had the practices to go with them.

2) Some of the videos in this thread indicate the team is practicing. If so, why not try to get in a couple of games?

3) Uconn needs to fire Edsall. Why not start a coaching search now?

Reaction Score
Serious Questions:

1) In a normal year, teams are limited to X practices in the Fall (X + n if you make a bowl+ Y practices in the Spring. Are you guys going to get the full complement of practices in? If so, Spring?

UConn got in the full compliment of practices this past spring when most programs across the country did not and will do so again this coming spring (in addition to complying w/ all allowed NCAA weekly practice hours since August).

Reaction Score
Anyone know the participation rate at practice for those that are still on scholarship?

Reaction Score
>>King said he feels the players that have benefited the most from this situation are the guys that never got a redshirt year and had to play right away as true freshmen, when they weren't as ready for game action. In addition, incoming freshmen who might have been playing this year are getting a lot of extra training before getting on the field. Three players who King specifically said have been doing great work are Ryan Van Demark, Jackson Mitchell and Nathan Carter.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Imagine this with UConn’s name instead of Liberty. That would suck.

This is terrible and they should get a bowl invite.

Hope this isn't what will happen in the future if UConn plays well enough to make a bowl game.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This is terrible and they should get a bowl invite.

Hope this isn't what will happen in the future if UConn plays well enough to make a bowl game.

A whole bunch of bowl cancellations this year didn't help either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom