What Can UConn Expect From Brendan Adams? Just Ask Big Brother Jaylen | The Boneyard

What Can UConn Expect From Brendan Adams? Just Ask Big Brother Jaylen

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Article from Dom Amore.

“He’s a scorer first,” Jaylen said. “A real big guard, good at using his body, getting into the lane. But he can score at all three levels and we kind of play opposite. Me, I was a point guard first. He was a scorer first, and a point guard. He brings those intangibles while just learning how to score. He’s a way better scorer than me. … [At UConn], they’re going to fall in love with his jump shot.”

Reaction Score
Please God, tell me that we actually do fall in love with his jump shot... like all of you, I so long for the days of having a few guys who can consistently knock down a consistent jump shot, particularly from beyond the arc.

You know, someone who actually puts the fear of God into our opponents when he catches it at 22 to 23 and fires another dagger towards the hoop... and their hearts.

Reaction Score
Please God, tell me that we actually do fall in love with his jump shot... like all of you, I so long for the days of having a few guys who can consistently knock down a consistent jump shot, particularly from beyond the arc.

You know, someone who actually puts the fear of God into our opponents when he catches it at 22 to 23 and fires another dagger towards the hoop... and their hearts.
Shabazz Napier didnt graduate THAT long ago...

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Article from Dom Amore.

“He’s a scorer first,” Jaylen said. “A real big guard, good at using his body, getting into the lane. But he can score at all three levels and we kind of play opposite. Me, I was a point guard first. He was a scorer first, and a point guard. He brings those intangibles while just learning how to score. He’s a way better scorer than me. … [At UConn], they’re going to fall in love with his jump shot.”

Reaction Score
A jump-shooting Brendan Adams is just what we need for next year, what with Jalen, AG and Tarin to run the point, but come 2019-20, Jalen and Tarin are gone, and if Brendan hasn't developed PG skills, we're down to AG. Most of the talk about 2019-20 recruiting focuses on the bigs and the wings, but it's clear that bringing in another PG will actually be Priority #1.

As a side note -- thinking what a healthy AG might mean to the team, consider that AG has NEVER played with a fully healthy shoulder, not even in high school, and yet made McD AA. What a fully-repaired AG might actually mean is the stuff of dreams.

Reaction Score
I like it! No doubt a little sibling rivalry will push Jalen and Brendan to step up. No one wants to be out done by their brother.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brendan, too, was an A student at Calvert Hall, carrying a 3.9 GPA, according to his coach.

“I know it’s a cliché, but he really is a great kid,” Bauersfeld said. “Very coachable. Cool and collected on the court, not an overly emotional player at all. A good big guard, truly a ‘combo’ guard. He wanted to play for Coach Hurley, he’s doing that, and the chance to play for UConn with the great history of guards they have, the chance he could have to put his name with those guys, it’s awesome.”
:D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shabazz was one of those players that made your jaw drop when he was on fire. All those pull up 3s against Villnova in the 2nd round, man, I want someone like that again
Obviously I'd love to have a Shabazz-type again, but what I'd love even more is a consistent, high-functioning offensive scheme that consistently generates good looks both at the rim and behind the 3-point line. I want to look at our team and say "man, this structure is really logical and effective, and I bet we'll be able to plug-and-play and get the most out of our talent year after year after year."

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hopefully he starts the year hot from 3. That would go a long way for his confidence and ability to provide useful minutes as a freshman

Reaction Score
Obviously I'd love to have a Shabazz-type again, but what I'd love even more is a consistent, high-functioning offensive scheme that consistently generates good looks both at the rim and behind the 3-point line. I want to look at our team and say "man, this structure is really logical and effective, and I bet we'll be able to plug-and-play and get the most out of our talent year after year after year."

Of course, Bazz was a once in a generation type player. I agree that the need is to have a more consistent, high-functioning offense and when you plug special players into that consistency you have a championship contender

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Apparently once in a generation players come along every three years at UConn. We're due.

Either you're right, and we're due. Or, by law of averages, we're for the next couple decades lol. Kemba and Bazz were both something special.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m excited for Adams...viewing Jaylen the last few years from afar I think the family seems great, they can play, and younger bro may have more actual talent and upside.

But Jaylen knows how to play, so hopefully BA brings that aspect as well.

Excited for some of these new guys.

Reaction Score
My big (and loving) brother would say the same thing about me, even if I averaged 4 points a game. Just saying . . . . . . .

Jaylen Adams was an unranked recruit. Brendan is already considered a 3-star recruit. It's not just older bro Jaylen who thinks highly of Brendan.

pj

Reaction Score
If Brendan is a better scorer than a guy who shot 44% from 3 and 85% from the line, 19 ppg, then I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
Bazz was a true PG who developed a great shot .
I hate to say this because I love the kid but the BY tends to overate Bazz
He was a great college player and surviving as a pro but Kemba is carrying a franchise.
As a senior Bazz played with some knockdown shooters
which gave him room.
He was the unquestioned leader and best player but 2014 was a great team effort as opposed to the individual effort of 2011.i think something missed by many Boneyarders
Heck we came back against a 2 seed Nova with him on the bench
Kemba rested by playing the two while freshman Bazz ran the point.
Kemba is in a league of his own as defenses were geared simply to stop him.
Our Big East record contrasted so much with are OCS results because in the regular season teams were allowed liberties with Kemba that shut us down.
I’ve made enough enemies so let’s get back to this guy.
He sounds more like a Rodney Purvis when he was on , who can also put the ball on the floor and maybe just maybe create his own shot. Hopefully he turns into a Caron or Ray Allen type . Ray was the most gifted pure shooter in the modern era.
But both he and Caron could also get to the hoop and create .RB could also but he was only 5’9”. I can’t think of the last big two who was a true combo guard.
I’ll let you know about this kid next year the good Lord willing .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A jump-shooting Brendan Adams is just what we need for next year, what with Jalen, AG and Tarin to run the point, but come 2019-20, Jalen and Tarin are gone, and if Brendan hasn't developed PG skills, we're down to AG. Most of the talk about 2019-20 recruiting focuses on the bigs and the wings, but it's clear that bringing in another PG will actually be Priority #1.

That's what Mulcahy is for. Hope they land him.

Reaction Score
Gilbert was the PG that would have followed the Kemba -> Bazz progression. He is a great leader like Bazz (when on the floor), very fast (like Kemba). I agree with Hurley, if he was well the narrative would be different. I hope he has the chance to leave a good legacy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom