What are the odds Dan O ends up starting a game for the Bucs? | The Boneyard

What are the odds Dan O ends up starting a game for the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They just benched Freeman and are going with Glennon the rookie. Now I'm not saying this kid is going to lose the job, but with Schiano you just never know.

Reaction Score
Not feeling the nc state pedigree in glennon. The more mistakes schiano makes the sooner he is out

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not feeling the nc state pedigree in glennon. The more mistakes schiano makes the sooner he is out
It's not like Russell Wilson was chopped liver when he was at NC State.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If there is a former Rutgers QB available as a free agent, Schiano will probably snap him up. I can see Glennon getting decapitated by an NFL defense.

Reaction Score
What's funny is down in Florida the press likens him to guys like Spurrier and other college legends that failed in the NFL. I've seen him mentioned in the same breath as several other big, big names lately and it is laughable.

Rutgers has done an amazing job of selling itself as a good football school nationally despite accomplishing nothing.

Reaction Score
I'm a big Buccaneers fan......as well as diehard UCONN....go figure.....I don't blame Schiano (think of how I felt when they made that hire) for making this move as Freeman, even despite some dropped balls, has looked as stale as a 6 month old loaf of bread. However, I also don't believe any hype surrounding Glennon. I think they reached for him even in the 3rd......UCONN's Defense made him look silly when he came to the RENT. He has prototype size and a nice arm but I don't trust his play making ability, decision making or athleticism. Plus he's just so frail looking.

Reaction Score
Schiano came into the nfl thinking he was o much smarter than everyone else. I still recall with distaste how he would lead Rutgers out onto the field. Maybe some humble pie would be good for him and he is about to eat the whole pie when he gets fired. He may be available by December. Do we talk to him?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Schiano came into the nfl thinking he was o much smarter than everyone else. I still recall with distaste how he would lead Rutgers out onto the field. Maybe some humble pie would be good for him and he is about to eat the whole pie when he gets fired. He may be available by December. Do we talk to him?
Interesting, I think him getting fired maybe wouldn't taste like humble pie to him, I imagine with his ego he might think he still has a shot at a blue blood type name, with a big salary and big budget for assistants. Let him dangle in the wind a bit before communicating to his agent or whatever to see if he is willing to forgo the blue blood for a program that wants to build to the ACC/Big Ten the way he did with Rutgers (except starting above where Rutgers was in ~2000, and with the goal of winning a few league championships along the way, and he shouldn't expect any sweetheart real estate deals).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Making Campbell inactive because he was doing "unauthorized interviews" seems like a stupid move. Schiano is an egomaniacal control freak who has never won jack.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I'm a big Buccaneers fan......as well as diehard UCONN....go figure.....I don't blame Schiano (think of how I felt when they made that hire) for making this move as Freeman, even despite some dropped balls, has looked as stale as a 6 month old loaf of bread. However, I also don't believe any hype surrounding Glennon. I think they reached for him even in the 3rd......UCONN's Defense made him look silly when he came to the RENT. He has prototype size and a nice arm but I don't trust his play making ability, decision making or athleticism. Plus he's just so frail looking.

Kid's got Dave Brown written all over him...

Reaction Score
What Schiano did at RU was incredible. A laughingstock of a school that could keep NONE of the local talent home is now a regular at bowl games and rules Jersey recruiting. You can question his antics, ego, and gameday planning, but what he did in terms of raising the profile at RU was shocking. If he would come here (and I dont think he would), I would take him (provided he brought his Jersey recruiter).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What Schiano did at RU was incredible. A laughingstock of a school that could keep NONE of the local talent home is now a regular at bowl games and rules Jersey recruiting. You can question his antics, ego, and gameday planning, but what he did in terms of raising the profile at RU was shocking. If he would come here (and I dont think he would), I would take him (provided he brought his Jersey recruiter).

If this is the beginning of Schiano as a P replacement movement, then I am leaving. We, having a tenth of the local recruiting base, outperformed his teams in the win column. He is not a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom