OT: What are some of your favorite scenic Fall drives ? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: What are some of your favorite scenic Fall drives ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If you all get a chance, try the route from Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado which is Route 17. And if you have the time, take Cumbres and Toltec Railroad, a narrow gauge steam train, and you will have a great experience through the mountains. I think that elevation goes to 11,000 feet. www.cumbrestoltec.com

I drove from Pagosa Springs, CO, through Chama, then south and east to Taos just last Wednesday. I had never been through here before, and just loved the Chama area, and the views on US 64 (topping 10,5oo ft).
Took the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge steam train on Monday!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
linn-cove-viaduct-14[2].jpg

Of all of the sections of the blue ridge parkway that I have driven..... the Linn Cove Viaduct just south of Blowing Rock/Boone is my favorite.... its like you are driving on air. Usually I drive.. turn around.... drive over it again.. and turn around.... and drive back :cool:

There is a visitor center south of the viaduct.. you can read about the construction of it... and their is a walkway/path that allows you to walk under portions of it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just did the Kancamagus on Saturday for the first time in a few years - also Rte 153 between Effingham Falls and Conway NH. Both fabulous though peak color in NH is probably next weekend if they don't get rain/strong wind.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Probably the most popular stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway is the 25 mile section south of Blowing Rock..... approximately 7 miles north of the Linn Cove Viaduct is Price Lake (below) .... its my favorite spot to get out of the car and walk for a few minutes along the bank.

gal-foliage-15-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul