OT: What anti-virus program(s) do you use? | The Boneyard

OT: What anti-virus program(s) do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
My Norton 360 is coming up for renewal. I was wondering what people here use.

Reaction Score
Comodo its free, includes internet security and does the job for me: linky

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
My Norton 360 is coming up for renewal. I was wondering what people here use.
Assuming you're on a PC, Windows Defender is free and likely already installed on your machine.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Eh I'd just use Microsoft Security Essentials. Works s seamlessly with Windows and does just as good a job as anything else. Free and easy.

Occasional scan with Malware Bytes and you are good.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I used avast but went to norton 360 last year. I have three devices, annual purchase through costco is pretty cheap. I have experience with sophos, mcafee, kaspersky and the microsoft SCEP product via my work. I hate sophos.

Reaction Score
Eh I'd just use Microsoft Security Essentials. Works s seamlessly with Windows and does just as good a job as anything else. Free and easy.

Used Avast a while back then AVG and I was just never happy browser would run sluggish, change homepage even take forever to load up I would run "HiJackThis" and find all these trojans that were'nt even noticed by these antivirus. Anyways, switched to MSE 3-4 years ago and I've had no problems ever since love the fact that it has real time protection.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I've use AVG in the past and noticed everything slowing down after a while as well though PC magazine rates it highly. I've also used McFee, which was fine. I was thinking about Windows Defender just it is already on the machine.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

MSE doesn't work with Widows 8 - Don't download it if you use W8
Windows Defender replaces MSE on W8

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Do any of these work with Ebola?

Reaction Score
Apple computers...
You are playing with fire if that's all you're doing. I was very conscious about it during my years of using PCs and never had any issues. When I switched to Mac a couple of years ago it was when tons of them got infected by the virus that Apple finally had to release a fix. I had my credit card information stolen and someone tried to make a purchase with a copy of one of my cards (thankfully Amex caught it). Needless to say, it's quite an annoyance having to get all new credit and bank cards as well as changing all important passwords. The days of Macs being totally secure are long gone and you should still have a security software to supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom