What an absolutely wonderful season! | The Boneyard

What an absolutely wonderful season!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This team gave us so much for the last 5 months!
What an incredible ride they took us on!
And congratulations to Vic and the Mississippi State Bulldogs! They played their hearts out as did all of the Uconn players.
A sad farewell to Saniya and Tierney, but I can't wait to see what next year brings.

Reaction Score
Great season. Definitely hard to deal with the loss but it is part of the game. Somebody had to win and somebody had to lose. Congrats to Miss. St and their program, especially little Morgan and all that she has gone through. Congrats to our girls at UConn. History making well done ladies.

Reaction Score
I'm happy that I will NOT be tip-toeing to Storrs in a tutu.

I truly hope no one is shocked about this loss after most predicted up to 5 losses at the start of the season

This season, 36-1, is an unmitigated, incontrovertible success. The team and coaching staff deserve immense credit. Losing one game isn't a shock.

The disappointment is the way we lost -- a few normally reliable players acted like the stage was too big for them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This season, 36-1, is an unmitigated, incontrovertible success. The team and coaching staff deserve immense credit. Losing one game isn't a shock.

The disappointment is the way we lost -- a few normally reliable players acted like the stage was too big for them.
and MissState players didnt?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This year's squad really exceeded my expectations -- I was sure heading in that we would have several losses and getting to the FF would be a great stretch goal. They just kept getting better and better , developing like crazy. Like Geno said the real shock wasn't losing tonight , it was not losing even once until now.

This loss will pay greater dividends down the road. I know this will come across as sacrilegious to most/many but the whole streak and even the NC streak was becoming surreal to me, and while I always want us to win, I also want us -- and the greater sports world -- to appreciate a win for a win's sake. I thought with early losses it would not be an issue but with how well these guys rose to every challenge, the streak and the NC streak became bigger than the wins and winning meant "relief" in some ways , more than it gave satisfaction.

If this season had come after a down year, with no previous NC's and no epic winning streak I think people would have been more like Kara and Doris and marveled at what an undersized team with no returning AA's was doing. Instead, we got that BUT we also got a sh$tload of "other" attention, despite Geno's best efforts, that had nothing to do with this particular group as assembled.

This team should be unbelievably , astronomically proud of how much they grew this year and how well they handled all the extraneous stuff as well. (The payoff for that was they get to take credit for extending the streak against some very tall odds. They earned their rights to a big chunk of it. ) Yes coming to UCONN means you know there will be extra pressure and scrutiny but this year it was ridiculous, and likely never to be repeated.

We!
Will!
Be!
Back!

Thanks to everyone on this team and on this staff for an unbelievable ride.

Reaction Score
This year's squad really exceeded my expectations -- I was sure heading in that we would have several losses and getting to the FF would be a great stretch goal. They just kept getting better and better , developing like crazy. Like Geno said the real shock wasn't losing tonight , it was not losing even once until now.

This loss will pay greater dividends down the road. I know this will come across as sacrilegious to most/many but the whole streak and even the NC streak was becoming surreal to me, and while I always want us to win, I also want us -- and the greater sports world -- to appreciate a win for a win's sake. I thought with early losses it would not be an issue but with how well these guys rose to every challenge, the streak and the NC streak became bigger than the wins and winning meant "relief" in some ways , more than it gave satisfaction.

If this season had come after a down year, with no previous NC's and no epic winning streak I think people would have been more like Kara and Doris and marveled at what an undersized team with no returning AA's was doing. Instead, we got that BUT we also got a sh$tload of "other" attention, despite Geno's best efforts, that had nothing to do with this particular group as assembled.

This team should be unbelievably , astronomically proud of how much they grew this year and how well they handled all the extraneous stuff as well. (The payoff for that was they get to take credit for extending the streak against some very tall odds. They earned their rights to a big chunk of it. ) Yes coming to UCONN means you know there will be extra pressure and scrutiny but this year it was ridiculous, and likely never to be repeated.

We!
Will!
Be!
Back!

Thanks to everyone on this team and on this staff for an unbelievable ride.
Well Said

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Great, great season! So many exciting and positive moments! That Florida State win! The Maryland win! Crystal beating Baylor practically all by herself! Katie Lou going 10 for 10! Kia hitting nine threes!

So much unexpected joy :)

Really not at all sad or disappointed about the loss. Sad they won't be playing another game but only a little.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I love this team, and I enjoyed the ride.
Hold your heads up Huskies, you had a great run. How many teams have a 111 game winning streak? How many teams have won 11 National Championships? How many teams have won 4 National Championships in a row? How many teams have been to the Final Four over 10 times? How many players will graduate with 150+ games won during their tenure?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, this just means we get to start another extended winning streak next season. Congratulations to Vic Schaefer and his Mississippi State Bulldogs. :)
What a fun ride this was. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love this team, and I enjoyed the ride.
Hold your heads up Huskies, you had a great run. How many teams have a 111 game winning streak? How many teams have won 11 National Championships? How many teams have won 4 National Championships in a row? How many teams have been to the Final Four over 10 times? How many players will graduate with 150+ games won during their tenure?

You are quite right Shorty Dee. No matter how bad your situation seems at the moment, there is ALWAYS someone that is more that willing to trade places with you.
This hurts now, but the sun will rise tomorrow, and our lives will return to normal in a few days. Then we can begin to focus on next year's team and our hopes and aspirations for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom