What Am I Missing? | The Boneyard

What Am I Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN has UConn as a 5.5 point underdog. Comparing previous records and looking at personnel, I am not seeing it. Especially if the game is in the cold and damp. It may have more to do with the general reputation of UConn football, I dunno. Anyone care to comment?

Apologies in advance if this topic has been in a previous thread, but I could not find it.

Reaction Score
I was just asking the same thing. I feel like I'm missing something. Not that I'm expecting them to be favored by 10, but to be more than a field goal underdog at home against a 3-3 team seems odd.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
ESPN has no one as 5.5 Underdog. The betting public does. Wait until tomorrow morning when the Sharps bet to get an actual spread, though I can't imagine that there will be a lot of action on this game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I predict UConn by 4. Based on competition to date, and results, UConn is the better team, straight up, on a neutral field. I suspect that the folks setting the line are looking at the fact that they played Michigan and Maryland and giving them a bump. But we played 3 ranked or receiving votes teams.

Reaction Score
UCF has beaten FIU, South Carolina State and an ECU team trying to find it's way under a new head coach. I don't get it either.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UCF is better than you think. And they score points...which is the type of team UConn loses to. All 4 losses were to teams that can score...UCF is another one of those teams. Unless UConn finds a way to score more than 25 points or unless it rains, this will be a tough game to win.

Reaction Score
UCF is better than you think. And they score points...which is the type of team UConn loses to. All 4 losses were to teams that can score...UCF is another one of those teams. Unless UConn finds a way to score more than 25 points or unless it rains, this will be a tough game to win.
This.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Ding ding. UCF has shown it can put points on the board consistently. UConn? Not so much.

That being said, if it's cold, windy and wet, I'm all over the under for the over/under.

Reaction Score
ESPN's spread is not an actual spread you can bet on it.

If you want to discuss the real life spread it is 4 or 4.5 every where.

Reaction Score
Massey has UCF at 81 and UConn at 84.

Sagarin has UCF at 66 and UConn at 92.

USA today has UFC at 78 and UConn at 85.

Not sure why Sagarin has UCF significantly higher, but either way, they're ranked a bit higher than us, but not sure 4.5-point favorites on our home turf. ESPN has us with a 45% chance to win. So I guess we'll see.

Reaction Score
This game is totally loseable. Some of you need to give Diaco more credit in this regard.

Reaction Score
This game is totally loseable. Some of you need to give Diaco more credit in this regard.

Of course it is. We almost lost to Maine. But we did beat Cincinnati, too. It's not like we haven't won any games.

Reaction Score
Of course it is. We almost lost to Maine. But we did beat Cincinnati, too. It's not like we haven't won any games.

I didn't say we'd lose I just said it was loseable.

Reaction Score
Sure, and it all depends on which UConn coaches show up. (Notice that I did not say players.) Gotta think though it is a very very winnable game and until the Huskies show me differently, I am a glass half full guy.

I feel about this game the same way I felt about the Cincinnati game. Very very winnable and pretty much a MUST win game. Going two under 0.500 at this juncture would not be good.

Reaction Score
It's the Diaco factor. He wants UCF to be our partner in making UConn better.

That said, even he should be able to coach them to victory in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom