What about this?... | The Boneyard

What about this?...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What if the AAC keeps our football and adds a basketball program like VCU? Any remote possibility?

Reaction Score
What if the AAC keeps our football and adds a basketball program like VCU? Any remote possibility?

Crazier things have happened but all current reporting indicates the AAC has shut the door on football only for UConn. Could be posturing on their behalf but...

Reaction Score
I'm going to say no because I think they will want to spite us. But once they miss on Army, BYU, and Boise, I think they'll find there's no program that retains our value even just in football. I'd put it at a less than 20% chance.

Reaction Score
Would be ideal, but i doubt it.

Best case right now, ig's independent in football with an SNY deal, I'm thinking.

Reaction Score
Our FB program alone offers absolutely nothing of value to the AAC now. They want us gone last week.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm going to say no because I think they will want to spite us. But once they miss on Army, BYU, and Boise, I think they'll find there's no program that retains our value even just in football. I'd put it at a less than 20% chance.
No way Army does it given what has happened to Navy. BYU no chance and Boise already bailed on the American.

Their best bets are Buffalo and Umas

Reaction Score
Anytime an aspiring football conference has the chance to keep a team that's yet to have a winning season, going a combined 18-55 in that time span, and staring down an 0-12 season - you just have to do it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anytime an aspiring football conference has the chance to keep a team that's yet to have a winning season, going a combined 18-55 in that time span, and staring down an 0-12 season - you just have to do it.
When the only other option is a program who got rejected from a league who doesn’t lays their premier games on Tuesdays....yep.

Reaction Score
Screw you basketball only fan.

College football runs the roost and wish you all would realized that
And where exactly has our FB Program taken us since we have been in the AAC?

Reaction Score
Crazier things have happened but all current reporting indicates the AAC has shut the door on football only for UConn. Could be posturing on their behalf but...

The thing that really bothers me about this is we (UCONN) invited Houston, UCF, Memphis and all of the other schools to this conference and they have used it to great benefit and now these same schools along with state resident (ESPN) can't do us a solid and let us stay in the AAC for football. Where's the gratitude for giving them this platform? Can't they see our situation is unique? Can't they see that screwing us over with our SNY deal was an injustice? and ESPN probably makes a huge profit off of this platform we created yet they give us no help, nothing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our FB program alone offers absolutely nothing of value to the AAC now. They want us gone last week.
Might be the other way around. Once the details of the ESPN contract came out, UCONN was leaving the AAC lock stock and barrel faster than you can say Paul Pasqualoni. Though they will never admit it, the AAC will be hard pressed to replace UCONN and what they take with them.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
And where exactly has our FB Program taken us since we have been in the AAC?

It has not been good, but there will be zero chance to get an at-large bid once UConn leaves the AAC. Again how do people not get that College Football runs the NCAA and the money. March madness is great, but again there is only so much money and if the NBA starts taking high school players after the next collective bargaining agreement that will hurt college hoops once again.

Reaction Score
The thing that really bothers me about this is we (UCONN) invited Houston, UCF, Memphis and all of the other schools to this conference and they have used it to great benefit and now these same schools along with state resident (ESPN) can't do us a solid and let us stay in the AAC for football. Where's the gratitude for giving them this platform? Can't they see our situation is unique? Can't they see that screwing us over with our SNY deal was an injustice? and ESPN probably makes a huge profit off of this platform we created yet they give us no help, nothing.
As I opined long ago, this is all about Aresco’s venture to make money and he used UConn to build his conference. The last deal was a travesty for everyone except ensuring Aresco pockets $10 Million a year for ten years. UConn was too enthralled with being the “key partner” to secure preferences when it had the leverage to demand what it wanted... like forcing the HQ into CT, forcing the tournament to be held in Hartford or receiving release fees to hold it elsewhere. Forcing a bigger share of revenue. Securing the right to leave after 5 years without an exit fee. When CT gave ESPN huge economic development dollars and concessions, they could have secured better rights. They did nothing because idiots run the state.

Reaction Score
It has not been good, but there will be zero chance to get an at-large bid once UConn leaves the AAC. Again how do people not get that College Football runs the NCAA and the money. March madness is great, but again there is only so much money and if the NBA starts taking high school players after the next collective bargaining agreement that will hurt college hoops once again.

At large bid for what? Some stinky bowl game? UConn can go undefeated and never sniff a championship.

Reaction Score
No way Army does it given what has happened to Navy. BYU no chance and Boise already bailed on the American.

And are they really much of an upgrade over us? They might keep us around out of pure laziness.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

If they add someone, I bet it’ll be further south than buffalo or UMass. UMass adds no value and adding Buffalo would be reactionary, as their recent success is not indicative of who they are as a program. If I were them, I’d add App State in football or perhaps UAB? Those would be football only, and then add some A10 team for basketball

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If they add someone, I bet it’ll be further south than buffalo or UMass. UMass adds no value and adding Buffalo would be reactionary, as their recent success is not indicative of who they are as a program. If I were them, I’d add App State in football or perhaps UAB? Those would be football only, and then add some A10 team for basketball
So they’d rather add UAB (who didn’t have a program two years ago) or a school I didn’t realize was FBS than keep us?

What about James Madison? Weren’t they pushing hard for an invite a couple years ago?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom