What a P5 would do for our team | The Boneyard

What a P5 would do for our team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know that there is a different board for conference realignment posts but i want to talk about what a P5 conference will do for specifically our basketball team. How is our team supposed to perform and have motivation to continually get better when our conference games are @Tulane or against East Carolina where we see crowds of about 15 people. I have no doubt in my mind that our team would've been more consistent and exciting to watch if we were in say the B12 playing @Oklahoma or Kansas.

With that being said I really hope all these rumors are true and the B12 adds us this summer so that we can give Jalen and Alterique the big exciting games they deserve before they leave.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know that there is a different board for conference realignment posts but i want to talk about what a P5 conference will do for specifically our basketball team. How is our team supposed to perform and have motivation to continually get better when our conference games are @Tulane or against East Carolina where we see crowds of about 15 people. I have no doubt in my mind that our team would've been more consistent and exciting to watch if we were in say the B12 playing @Oklahoma or Kansas.

With that being said I really hope all these rumors are true and the B12 adds us this summer so that we can give Jalen and Alterique the big exciting games they deserve before they leave.

our OOC schedule is always prime and the post season... if they continue to win the crowds will be big and the coverage will follow

Reaction Score
The women don't seem bothered by the conference. Yes the American is awful, but you can't blame it for everything, players just didn't play up to their potential until the postseason, plain and simple.

Reaction Score

Quite a fantasy world you have there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Build an AP top ten basketball team and the crowds will come.

Reaction Score
We are swimming against a powerful current and recruiting wise we are holding our own, but imagine if we were p5 how much better it would be. We also are early and OOC scheduling strong, but there are obvious problems in that too. It does not seem that we could be out in the cold forever, hope something happens soon.

Reaction Score
More juice to the regular season conference games. With half the away games in empty arenas and some home games at 3/4 capacity the regular season seems second class. The big OOC games are nice but when you watch the P-5 games on TV we can't hide the lack of buzz our conference generates. Lack of sellouts further reduces the amount of money the AD has to work with. Right now we have a great deal of travel for games with no benefit.

Reaction Score
If players can't be motivated to go play hard and win regardless of the name on the other jersey they don't belong as D1 basketball players. the fact that many "fans" only seem to show up when certain other teams are visiting makes me question who they are really interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom