What a draining day | The Boneyard

What a draining day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
AM news> ND bolts to the ACC, and teams like StJohns or Gtown could be options. WTF

PM news> Calhoun to retire & Ollie negotiaing somewhere between a 15 day to 3 yr contract.

Lord, I need my second iphone charge of the day and a bottle of scotch.

Bottom line: This was designed to give Ollie a fighting chance. The good news is, ALL Ollie ever needs is a fighting chance. Undrafted, see his NBA career. If JC announced in March, recruiting would have been terrible, and I think Bazz or Boat would weigh their options. It's hard to determine does the (contract or lack there of) ignite a few recruits to join team Ollie or back off. The tell tale sign will be XRM won't it, short term? He's close to Ollie, he and family met him this week, & the in home got moved up. Will he pull the trigger now? or does Warde kill momentum with a weak as* deal for Ollie? On the flip side, Facey's AAU coach said via twitter, they would honor their commit to Ollie, but i (he) changes, so might they. If Ollie gets a short deal, how will he feel? I believe Ollie will succeed, and get's a free one yr pass, to develop chemistry and get his feet wet without the public pressure of March Madness. Who get's that kind of start? Yet, he will need to show some excellence on/off the court to continue our success. Question is can that be determined simply by an early win/loss record. Time will tell.

Where's that shot glass of mine? Calhoun=LEGEND

caw

Reaction Score
AM news> ND bolts to the ACC, and teams like StJohns or Gtown could be options. WTF

PM news> Calhoun to retire & Ollie negotiaing somewhere between a 15 day to 3 yr contract.

Lord, I need my second iphone charge of the day and a bottle of scotch.

Bottom line: This was designed to give Ollie a fighting chance. The good news is, ALL Ollie ever needs is a fighting chance. Undrafted, see his NBA career. If JC announced in March, recruiting would have been terrible, and I think Bazz or Boat would weigh their options. It's hard to determine does the (contract or lack there of) ignite a few recruits to join team Ollie or back off. The tell tale sign will be XRM won't it, short term? He's close to Ollie, he and family met him this week, & the in home got moved up. Will he pull the trigger now? or does Warde kill momentum with a weak as* deal for Ollie? On the flip side, Facey's AAU coach said via twitter, they would honor their commit to Ollie, but i (he) changes, so might they. If Ollie gets a short deal, how will he feel? I believe Ollie will succeed, and get's a free one yr pass, to develop chemistry and get his feet wet without the public pressure of March Madness. Who get's that kind of start? Yet, he will need to show some excellence on/off the court to continue our success. Question is can that be determined simply by an early win/loss record. Time will tell.

Where's that shot glass of mine? Calhoun=LEGEND

I think you meant 10 day, we all know Ollie made a career out of those.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Facey re-opened his commitment, considering he committed without meeting with JC and seemingly on the basis of a wink & a nod that Ollie would be JC's successor.

Consider him Ollie's first recruit as a head coach.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In a couple years UConn will be playing the likes of UCF, Houston, and SMU in basketball, with a head coach who is not Jim Calhoun.

I think we can be successful as a basketball program going forward, I hope Warde Manuel and Kevin Ollie are the guys to get it done.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Facey re-opened his commitment, considering he committed without meeting with JC and seemingly on the basis of a wink & a nod that Ollie would be JC's successor.

Consider him Ollie's first recruit as a head coach.

Rod stepping on Laettner- Heh ! love it. !!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Ollie will need to do the Best he can with the time he's given. He always does! He has a uniquely timed opportunity, not many 3rd assistants would be given. There's always his contacts in the NBA down the road, if he wants to return to the pros on a bench. UCONN will end up with Ollie or better (in their opinion). That's a good start.

GemParty

Reaction Score
This is the week to wrap XRM up. I agree. There's no more coach in waiting bull. Ollie is the coach! Most players and coaches can be removed or benched or bought out after a yr anyway. He's a fighter, sign up some players who want to fight with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom