What A Difference A Week Makes | The Boneyard

What A Difference A Week Makes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Keeping with the theme of 2017, I have to watch game from Watch ESPN after it's played.

Congrats to the defense for accepting the challenge after Memphis.

In no order, here were my game notes.

-I'm almost ready to start a drinking game for the inside handoffs to Newsome for almost no yards. I know it's part of the larger game plan to get the defense to anticipate, but it goes for 2 or less yards almost always.
-VanDemark and Peart getting downfield to second level blocks almost makes my eyes tear up. It. Is. Beautiful.
-Lots of pro wrestlers die to early or limp around in their senior years. Seeing "Playboy" Buddy Rose as the umpire today brought back some funny memories of the 1980's.
-Seems like every game UConn opponents have sucked up a 15 yard chop block penalty. Is this a function of the 3-3-5?
-Temple had 4-5 personal fouls. Ouch.
-Shirreffs is really weak at stepping on an opponents throat, big run at end of game notwithstanding. So many times in his career UConn seems to be one first down, one score away from knocking out an opponent and he makes some head scratching plays.
-That being said, that run up the middle was a boss move.
-Uconn tried 3-4 screens or quick passes to the left side of the field. Every one of those plays sucked today.
-Graham consistently sucked today on punts, Tarbutt puckered up again. Not confidence building to the staff.
-Great road conference win. As many ocahces have said, there is no such thing as a bad conference road win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom