What’s the deal with scheduling?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1675709197001.jpeg

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't get the problem. UConn has a long history of weeknight Top 25 match-ups in the XL.
Yes, how much of that long history has UCONN had 2 Saturday home games in a season? How many weeknight games started at 6:30 and not 7/8/9?

Reaction Score
I've been complaining to my father (Big husky fan obvi) how I hate the 630 weekday starts.
I haven't found a single person that likes them.

Is this a Big East scheduling issue? I dont remember 630 starts in the AAC but i could be misremembering.

Reaction Score
I've been complaining to my father (Big husky fan obvi) how I hate the 630 weekday starts.

Is this a Big East scheduling issue? I dont remember 630 starts in the AAC but i could be misremembering.
I'm sure that all the older and/or retired fans love the early start time and early end time.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

I don’t get to many games, so I’ll be the guy who says it helps me get to bed a bit earlier. And even if going it gets me home earlier.

I like 630.

1 vote.

Reaction Score

FOX does them (Big East), ESPN rarely does them (AAC)

They likely do it because they have to (usually) with so many east coast schools so the game after is an 8:30 tip (e.g. UConn tips in CT at 6:30 and SJU tips at 8:30 at Carnasecca instead of at 9).

However, they do it even when it isn't necessary: for example, if UConn is playing in CT and the game after is Creighton or Marquette or DePaul in the central time zone, theres no reason for the east coast game to start early. A 7 ET and 8 CT start time for 1st and 2nd games is perfectly find and everyone wins.

You may remember the 1 or 2 9 PM ET starts at Gampel in the AAC which the FOX is trying to avoid, but takes it a little further than necessary.

They may also want 30 minutes as a standalone but I am just speculating and this may not be any part of the equation.

Reaction Score
I mean the game we played the worst in the entire season was a home noon weekend start.

However, they do it even when it isn't necessary: for example, if UConn is playing in CT and the game after is Creighton or Marquette or DePaul in the central time zone, theres no reason for the east coast game to start early. A 7 ET and 8 CT start time for 1st and 2nd games is perfectly find and everyone wins.\
There's absolutely something to be said for consistency of time slots for TV purposes. I know exactly when to tune into Fox to see games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You cannot make it easier than starting a game early evening on a weekday. This schedule has been out for months.

6:30 start time is perfect.

Start a game at 7:00pm and listen to folks complain about the game ending late and how difficult it is drive home and function the next day.

Reaction Score

Yes, Christ, this is what Fox wants. Most weeknight games are scheduled for 6:30 or 9:00. It gets Fox 4.5 hours of programming of Big East ball instead of 4. I don’t like games starting at 6:30 either, but presumably the conference thinks the inconenience is worth the dollars.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Last year we had 4, I’m guessing it alternates. Doesn’t matter the day of the week tho, need to take care of business at home.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Love the 6:30 Hartford starts. If you have to leave work early, then do it. Prioritize people!! 6:30 at Storrs is a bit tougher but I will ALWAYS prefer 6:30 over 8:30 at either place. In years past we had some 9 starts. That’s crazy, but as we all know, TV dictates the times. Also liked the plethora of noon games this year.

Reaction Score

My guess is that since games don't finish in the two hour window anymore, 7 and 9 starting times don't work.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I don't get the problem. UConn has a long history of weeknight Top 25 match-ups in the XL. And are home Sunday games that different than home Saturday games? People love to bitch.
You think the difference between Saturday and Sunday games is minimal? Are you retired?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom