What’s the UConn return to campus/workout schedule? (Update > 7/10) | The Boneyard

What’s the UConn return to campus/workout schedule? (Update > 7/10)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So more and more teams are starting to return to campus for voluntary workouts, and if teams haven’t returned already then they’ve at least announced a date on when they’ll be returning. Yet, I’ve seen nothing from the UConn staff on when we can expect to see the SA’s back on campus for workouts. Has there been anything announced? Has HCRE2.0 or AD David Benedict talked about what happens if a player tests positive for coronavirus mid-season?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So more and more teams are starting to return to campus for voluntary workouts, and if teams haven’t returned already then they’ve at least announced a date on when they’ll be returning. Yet, I’ve seen nothing from the UConn staff on when we can expect to see the SA’s back on campus for workouts. Has there been anything announced? Has HCRE2.0 or AD David Benedict talked about what happens if a player tests positive for coronavirus mid-season?
The state is hoping to announce more reopenings based on data through 6/20. I think we can expect an update on UConn as part of that 6/20 plan and what I am hearing we can expect that kids will be permitted to return to campus July 1st or mid July.

Reaction Score
There was this the other day from Hurley in regards to MBB/WBB:

Reaction Score
A slightly brighter light at the end of the tunnel with Lamont moving phase 2 up from the 20th to the 17th.
This due to dropping numbers a little faster than anticipated. There are several links and stories available, I use this one as it is the only one that mentions colleges and universities.

As one will see that will be limited and not until July/August. Let's hope the numbers keep falling.
No attack to what Exit 4 or Medic have supplied here just an add-on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The state is hoping to announce more reopenings based on data through 6/20. I think we can expect an update on UConn as part of that 6/20 plan and what I am hearing we can expect that kids will be permitted to return to campus July 1st or mid July.

July 1st is the plan as of now. Hopefully the team can get back onto campus on that date.

Reaction Score
The virus is not going away. Fortunately the severe cases are lessening. People will test positive although the tests are not near 100% accurate. People will test positive and not be sick (symptoms). Need to learn how to live with it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

bunch of additional info under this tweet in a thread on Twitter but it’s looking like UConn should be good to return to campus and have an on-time season. I’ll be curious to see if we allow any fans in the Rent

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I’ll be curious to see if we allow any fans in the Rent

Either way, we can still tailgate! I will be drinking beer and grilling in the parking lot no matter what.

all-i-wanna-b0fimb.jpg

Reaction Score
Either way, we can still tailgate! I will be drinking beer and grilling in the parking lot no matter what.
Gotta think if they don't allow fans in the stadium, they won't allow them in the parking lot either.

Reaction Score
Not sure it'll come to that, Brass. They may still implement safety guidelines for fans in & possibly outside the Rent - wear masks, try to social distance, etc. Being outdoors helps.

Hasn't been tough to social distance at the Rent the last decade - most people could have a whole section to themselves. The team's finally gonna have to win for that to change.

Reaction Score
With NFL today disclosing covid cases, it’ll be interesting to view NCAA reaction.

Reaction Score
If there are no students on campus from Thanksgiving through New Years...do you shut down all sports in that period?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom