Whaley's Status? | The Boneyard

Whaley's Status?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Last I knew, he wasn't expected to miss any more games from the ankle injury. That was as of tip-off time on Sunday. Have there been any updates since then?

Reaction Score
Wonder how effective he can be because a sprain can take more time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I love this kid’s energy. He was very disruptive on D and aggressive on the glass before he got hurt in the first game.

Reaction Score
Wonder how effective he can be because a sprain can take more time.

He re-entered the game after the sprain for a few minutes before exiting for good. So if he was able to re-enter and function somewhat right after the sprain, maybe a week and heavy taping gets him where he needs to be. Would hate for it to be something that lingers all season though rather than just let it heal early. Sprains suck though.. it could be a season long thing regardless.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Despite the fact it's still not an ideal match-up, I think Whaley will probably be our BEST matchup for Brissett. Polley will struggle with his physicality I believe.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He re-entered the game after the sprain for a few minutes before exiting for good. So if he was able to re-enter and function somewhat right after the sprain, maybe a week and heavy taping gets him where he needs to be. Would hate for it to be something that lingers all season though rather than just let it heal early. Sprains suck though.. it could be a season long thing regardless.

He came back for one possession, hobbled his way down the court, then came off the floor and was ruled out for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
I waited nine days after my sprain before playing sports and for me that was too soon, should have taken at least 2 weeks to heal.

Reaction Score
It really depends on the severity of the sprain. Hes long and great on the boards. Would be great to have him in there with Syracuse's length.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Simple lateral sprains can be taped, and you can get back on the court as comfort allows. Usually a little less explosive off your feet, but able to play. It's the "high" ankle sprains that have the toughest road, usually 3-8 weeks depending on severity. That injury destabilizes the ankle mortise, and any pivoting will cause sharp pain. The ankle is also weaker until enough healing and rehab can occur.

Based on what I saw from the video, it's the simpler lateral ankle sprain.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm really high on Whaley. If he can develop an offensive game to go along with his already excellent defensive instincts and abilities, he'll be a star.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sprained ankles come in a very wide spectrum. Most likely an injury that while not enough to keep him out it will bother him for a long time, especially if he is consistently active on it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom