Whaler11 called this seasons win total | The Boneyard

Whaler11 called this seasons win total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought he was way off base but pre-season @whaler11 called this seasons win total so far...nice job on this. After last season I like many thought the next move was 8+ wins...you were right on the mark with this team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I thought he was way off base but pre-season @whaler11 called this seasons win total so far...nice job on this. After last season I like many thought the next move was 8+ wins...you were right on the mark with this team.
Why did I think he eventually settled around the 6 win mark? Other than obvious bad memory.

Reaction Score
Why did I think he eventually settled around the 6 win mark? Other than obvious bad memory.
I thought he had stuck with his prediction of 3 after getting called out post after post.

Reaction Score
Bonus points @CTMike ... Sorry @FDNY99. @whaler11 gets a mulligan - not many saw this exsanguinating the way it has back in August.
Onto the schedule:

Maine: A road apple. There really isn't much to think about or take from the Black Bears. Chance of win: 98%

@ Navy: Catching them at a good time. They had time to get ready for Navy during camp and obviously Navy is dealing with losing their all world QB. Would much rather play them week 2 than week 10. Chance of win: 50%

Virginia: They have been recruiting at a high level for a while - there is no lack of talent on their roster. They bring in a capable coach... I think this is a tougher game than others. Catching them at home off a road trip to Oregon is nice. Chance of win: 55%

Syracuse: I like Babers, but it's a pretty big rebuild. Huge look ahead spot with Notre Dame at home the next week. Chance of win: 60%

@ Houston: Off a road game at Texas State at home with 10 days until Navy. It's an obvious revenge spot. If the Huskies win this one - kudos to Bobby. Chance of win: 15%

Cincinnati: Chief's 11:11 game of the year. It's been a long time since UConn beat a good Cincinnati team. Off a big home game against USF and then a bye before ECU at home. I really don't know how good the Bearcats are but it's never easy. Chance of win: 50%

@USF: This is a good team and it's a road game in a place that hasn't been all that much fun. Chance of Beergate II: 0%. Off ECU then a short week for @ Temple. Chance of win: 30%

@ECU: Sandwiched between two road games @Cincy and @Tulsa. Tough place to play, but they are kind of a mess it seems. Chance of win: 45%

Temple: If you went by quantity and quality of games, Temple is who Diaco should have made a trophy for. Off Cinci at home going into a bye week. Temple lost a lot but their roster is pretty good. Chance of win: 50%

@Boston College: If not now... when? BC could be an absolute tire fire by the middle of November - UConn gets them off a bye week. Off a road beat down by FSU and a look ahead to a conference game they could be competitive in @WF. If they lose in Ireland it could be the Dazzler looking to keep his job the last two weeks. Hard to predict if they step up or lay down. No Brown and the lack of life they have shown - I wager lay down. Chance of win: 65%

Tulane: What is probably a putrid team playing out the string on a long road trip. 2014 SMU who probably isn't looking for win number 1. Hard to see Tulane showing up for this one. Chance of win: 90%.

Adding it up: 6-6 but a better 6-6 than last year and probably more upside than downside. Obviously the key is getting off to a good start.

Reaction Score
Of all that is holy. You really need to give food to inflate @whaler11 ego?

He predicted we would be at best 6-6. Whoopdee sh---t.

We're still 3-8 and will struggle to beat a team that last year we beat without scoring a single point on offense or kicking.

Yes - I will be at the game tomorrow among the few dozen fans that are not friends, family of the band and players and cheerleaders. Good luck finding me.

Reaction Score
Of all that is holy. You really need to give food to inflate @whaler11 ego?

He predicted we would be at best 4-8. Whoopdee sh---t.

We're still 3-8 and will struggle to beat a team that last year we beat without scoring a single point on offense or kicking.

Yes - I will be at the game tomorrow among the few dozen fans that are not friends, family of the band and players and cheerleaders. Good luck finding me.
LMFAO....you and me both will be there tomorrow

Reaction Score
Good luck finding me.

I'll be looking for your winter camo gear...

upload_2016-11-25_22-44-50.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL.

I post a pic at some point on the BY as proof of life and location. Maybe not during the game, probably after - but maybe.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bonus points @CTMike ... Sorry @FDNY99. @whaler11 gets a mulligan - not many saw this exsanguinating the way it has back in August.
Lol and the board killed him for being so negative too... this doesn't make the extension prudent, but it's a reminder that literally no one expected this outcome this year... even Whaler. :)

Before the season I was annoyed that we would be missing this game (visiting my parents in Florida)... now, I'm just going to enjoy a nice lazy swim this afternoon. Kudos to the sadists among you who will be there. Go Huskies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought the 8 win talk was nuts. I thought they would be around 6 and that Bob was going to settle in to drive us nuts for many years.

I think I posted a few times that the board was in total misalignment with the market where you had to pay juice to bet under 5 wins so it's not like this should be a total suprise, other than how ugly it's been.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They really stayed pretty healthy outside of Bryant it seems too. If you had told me they only won 3-4 games I would have thought it was because they had injuries and no depth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lol and the board killed him for being so negative too... this doesn't make the extension prudent, but it's a reminder that literally no one expected this outcome this year... even Whaler. :)

Before the season I was annoyed that we would be missing this game (visiting my parents in Florida)... now, I'm just going to enjoy a nice lazy swim this afternoon. Kudos to the sadists among you who will be there. Go Huskies.

Well, in order to have foreseen this season you had to have a negative outlook.

This season being so disappointing for almost everyone validates only pessimists seeing it play out the way it has.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, in order to have foreseen this season you had to have a negative outlook.

This season being so disappointing for almost everyone validates only pessimists seeing it play out the way it has.

Classic Chin: 100% wrong bout what I thought and 100% wrong in general.

Unless you know the entire market is 'pessimistic'.

Reaction Score
I was persuaded that the investment in season tix was warranted again based on the fact that the O had 10 of 11 starters back. So early in the blue-white game I went over to the ticket office and did the deal. But then I came back and watched some more and I realized the one's were playing the two's which prompted a WTF moment. They had already run my card so it was too late or so I thought. Anyway, I said to myself that my fears were probably overblown. Besides, I talked to sportswriters who thought that 8 wins could possibly be on the low end. For the OL to have regressed with this much experience is really shameful and speaks to the ineffectiveness of the coaching.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Our pre-season SOS rank was in the 100s. We returned just about everyone from a roster that got to a bowl game and had extra practice time. Falling this far backward in Year 3 is completely unacceptable.

Reaction Score
With perfect hindsight, I don't think 7 or 8 wins were out of the question for this year. We have 3 right now and I think we should have beaten Navy, Syracuse, ECU, UCF, and Tulane. Win all of them, that's 8 wins, lose 1 and we have 7 wins. Also, BC and Temple should have been competitive games.

After the UCF game and the ConFLiCT fiasco, the team changed. Before the game, we were competitive, after the game, totally uncompetitive. Maybe the team lost confidence in themselves and/or the coaches. Clearly, Diaco's game day coaching hasn't instilled confidence.

Reaction Score
Our pre-season SOS rank was in the 100s. We returned just about everyone from a roster that got to a bowl game and had extra practice time. Falling this far backward in Year 3 is completely unacceptable.

According to the current Sagarin ratings, our SOS is the same as last year excluding the Tulane game. We were lucky to get to 6 wins last year, but we should have won at least 6 this year as the team should have been better on paper, especially on offense.

Reaction Score
Maine, Navy, Syracuse, Virginia, Cincy, E Carolina, Tulane, UCF. Try and convince me we couldn't have won those games. Therefore they now count as Nostical wins. We'll finish the season at 8-4.

So who are we playing in the Nostical Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom