OT: - Whacky weather? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Whacky weather?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My boss’s daughter and granddaughter (I think she’s 5 or 6) left Sacramento a couple of weeks ago. She’s telecommuting from DC; her husband can’t, so he stayed back. They have four HEPA filters and said they were getting clogged in a day or two with the house closed up.

My thoughts are with you FridaFriend.

Reaction Score
In Boulder we had a 18 hours of freezing rain followed by 18 hours of barely frozen snow. Trees and buildings are loaded down with wet sloppy stuff, but the pavement is already clear. That counts as "trace" for me. :D

33 currently, headed for a high of 40 today. But we'll be back into the 80 in a few days.
Ground, streets stored a lot of heat. I lived in Boulder for 40 years, owned Rue Morgue Bookshop (well still do) before moving to mountains but I still remember what storms like this could do to trees heavy with leaves.

Reaction Score
Ground, streets stored a lot of heat. I lived in Boulder for 40 years, owned Rue Morgue Bookshop (well still do) before moving to mountains but I still remember what storms like this could do to trees heavy with leaves.
Quite a few broken branches, especially new growth near the tree tops. :( You're bang-on in your description of the effects here.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sky is orange here at 11:05 am and quite dark outside. San Francisco Bay Area. TV reporter just said it looks like the end of the world.
I've seen the photos! It's very eerie! Stay safe!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yikes! As awful as wildfire smoke is, I hope you experience nothing worse. Stay safe!

Sky is orange here at 11:05 am and quite dark outside. San Francisco Bay Area. TV reporter just said it looks like the end of the world.

I understand the reported wanting to put a little "hot sauce" in the report, but how would he/she know what the end of the world looks like? No one has ever seen it. :confused: I can only guess the reference was made according to Hollywood's version of the end of the world in some of their "apocalyptic" movies. The sky was orange/dark here too this morning, but gave way to some wind currents that we here in So Cal call "The Santa Ana's". Ash on the cars again this morning.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but overall still the best four season climate in the country because we can have all four seasons in any given week. Unless you are looking to relocate in which case it snows like this every year virtually every week from September to June with temps never getting above freezing. Would I lie?
Spent a few days there. Boulder and surrounding. I preferred Ocean Beach in San Diego. You could drive an hour east and be in snow, drive back and swim in the pool.

Reaction Score
We had one of those October surprises here a few years ago. Could hear branches breaking for hours. No power for a few days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom