OT: - Whacky weather? | The Boneyard

OT: Whacky weather?

Reaction Score
Yesterday we got up to 102 in Boulder. Today 97, tomorrow 91.

Tuesday 3-6 inches of snow. When I saw the weather service warning I thought it was a mistake. Apparently not. :mad:

fWNZryj.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I saw the jet stream was supposed to take a big dip.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, Woodland Hills CA (in LA city) reached 117 oF, broke all time high of 115 oF.
Palm Spring at now, 6 AM, is 92 oF.

Stay safe every one ...

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here in Southern California, a heat wave is in effect for this weekend. Triple digit temperatures are forecast. The accuweather app on my cellphone read the temperature at 116 degrees at my location yesterday. No relief is expected today. As I write this, it’s 6:25 AM. It’s already 85 degrees.

People here are flocking to nearby beaches or the mountains early this morning and planning to stay all day to try and beat the heat. Local shopping malls are also a popular destination, especially for teenagers with "cabin fever", and no place else to go. This too shall pass.

California also has a number of uncontrolled brush and wildfires up and down the state. There was ash on my car this morning. There is a wildfire within 50 miles of my home in a mountain range to the northeast. Stay safe and comfortable wherever you are. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Tuesday 3-6 inches of snow. When I saw the weather service warning I thought it was a mistake. Apparently not. :mad:

fWNZryj.png
At least you know about it in advance. One of my most memorable reads was about a freak spring storm in the 1930s in eastern Colorado. Lots of casualties.

Reaction Score
All that covid in the air may affect weather patterns weather we believe it or not...

Reaction Score
I remember some 40 degree swings in CT but nothing as extreme as what is going to happen in CO. The NJ weather isn't far from what we call winter here in FL. For the foreseeable future we will be stuck on low 90s to mid 70s for most days, with plenty of humidity. Come November it starts getting really nice.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
We had a bit of wackiness in Maryland last week. On Thursday we had at least two tornadoes. That's weird, but the weirdest part is that one touched down just a few miles from our house, and we didn't have any wind at all. 2" of rain, but no wind.

Carnac

Reaction Score
View attachment 58468
Seasonal here in Jersey.

That's OK. It's your turn to brag on your great weather today. What goes around, comes around, as I have been guilty of sharing our local weather report with you folks on the east coast, Connecticut in particular. When your weather forecast for the day is freezing cold, and a high of 20 something, and it's 72 and sunny, and not a cloud in the sky here in So Cal. ;) As I said.....this too shall pass.

Reaction Score
This is what I love about Ct. We gripe when it's ninety degrees in the summer or near zero in the winter but if you look around the country at what's happening you realize that we have been very fortunate overall. We just experienced some bad weather where we lost power for up to a week. Then you see these poor souls in California and Louisiana and realize you are the man who had no shoes. Of course, in four or five months they might be looking at the weather channel and saying, "Wow, I've never seen snow that high before."

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Its hot in Tucson - returned to the unseasonable 105-ish for a couple of days, then dropping back to near or below normal (mid to low '90s at this point). But wow, July and August - hottest month on record ever, hottest both respective months, lots of "highs" and high "lows" set daily.

Reaction Score
Here in Southern California, a heat wave is in effect for this weekend. Triple digit temperatures are forecast. The accuweather app on my cellphone read the temperature at 116 degrees at my location yesterday. No relief is expected today. As I write this, it’s 6:25 AM. It’s already 85 degrees.
Wow! I thought we had it bad up here in the central valley when it hit 112 a few days ago. And we have cooled down into the low 90's now. You guys really have it bad. Of course we share your problem with fires. It has gotten so the point whee the smell of smoke in the air and yellow hazy skies seem nomal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wow! I thought we had it bad up here in the central valley when it hit 112 a few days ago. And we have cooled down into the low 90's now. You guys really have it bad. Of course we share your problem with fires. It has gotten so the point whee the smell of smoke in the air and yellow hazy skies seem nomal.

Things have returned to normal here. 70 degrees now (7:05 am). A high of 93 is forecast for today. I can handle 93, no problem. :) 117, no. :confused:

Reaction Score

fWNZryj.png
We got same here in mountains near Lyons. Pretty much did in my garden.

Reaction Score
At least you know about it in advance. One of my most memorable reads was about a freak spring storm in the 1930s in eastern Colorado. Lots of casualties.
Yeah, but overall still the best four season climate in the country because we can have all four seasons in any given week. Unless you are looking to relocate in which case it snows like this every year virtually every week from September to June with temps never getting above freezing. Would I lie?

Reaction Score
We got same here in mountains near Lyons. Pretty much did in my garden.
In Boulder we had a 18 hours of freezing rain followed by 18 hours of barely frozen snow. Trees and buildings are loaded down with wet sloppy stuff, but the pavement is already clear. That counts as "trace" for me. :D

33 currently, headed for a high of 40 today. But we'll be back into the 80 in a few days.

Reaction Score
Sky is orange here at 11:05 am and quite dark outside. San Francisco Bay Area. TV reporter just said it looks like the end of the world.

Reaction Score
Sky is orange here at 11:05 am and quite dark outside. San Francisco Bay Area. TV reporter just said it looks like the end of the world.
Yikes! As awful as wildfire smoke is, I hope you experience nothing worse. Stay safe!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom