WF - A Review of the Boxscore

Status
Not open for further replies.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
A very nice win.
Team notes
UConn won each half - I believe that this demonstrates focus and consistency.
Shooting Defense - 49.1% allowed including almost 43% from three - 1st clunker of the season
- I did like the team's FT defense ;)
Out Rebounded (again) but by a smaller margin
Huskies won the TO game causing 19 and giving 11 - very acceptable
4 Blocks - wonder when teams will smarten up about bringing that weak crap inside :)
Scoring - Shot 47% but only 16.7% from outside - They don't always fall but 15 misses from 3 is poor
24-30 from the Line -- That's where the game was won - 80% shows great focus and execution
3-18 from deep - ouch - tight rims and or bad shot selection, really doesn't matter - can't chuck that many blanks up from the cheap seats...
11 assists on 25 buckets - an average to adequate performance that looks better when comparing TO's to A's (1-1 is very acceptable)
8 players with 9 or more minutes (two players shared the remaining 8 mins) - It appears that the rotation was altered somewhat for the 1st time this season and from the box score - it looks like foul trouble was the cause (classic understatement)

Player Notes:
TO - 9 minutes equals foul trouble (did manage 2 blocks - teams are going to have to plan around him)
SN and RB were leading scorers again - with RB adding 7 boards (better than 25% of team total)
DD - Put up a fairly solid line - 4 fouls likely hampered his final totals
Wolf- Player of the game - almost perfect from the floor - 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block (the bum missed his FT, though) - Great game for him - hopefully the first of many.
Omar - 1 for 6 shooting (missed his only 3 threes) - I'm of the opinion that he will have a few more up and down games before he develops his groove. (That's why they play the early season schedule, right? - gotta let the younger players find their sea legs)
RJE - while not as impressive as his earlier lines, - I find myself becoming a huge fan. - Energy doesn't show in the box score - so his value is understated by just reviewing the Box Score.
Giffey - a solid if unremarkable, line score -

Just a note - If keeping to a simple review of the box score, you can't see how KO did - but - so far he is 0-3 on Technical Fouls per game - Will wait to see when (not if) he drops this classic Calhoun move on the refs / opponent.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? Decent analysis but there's more to be said about DD and RJ.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Yes, I did watch the game, but have been posting reviews of the box score as if that were the only evidence of the game. Just seeing what is in the box score is simplistic, that is, no way to understand all of what happened during the game, but there are nuggets of information and a differing viewpoint to be garnered.
Kind of like reviewing a baseball box score of a game that you didn't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom