We've plateaued under Hurley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We've plateaued under Hurley

Reaction Score
Hurley is a good mid-major coach. No one is debating that. The problem is that UConn is a major program, not a mid-major.
Look at UConn before Hurley. A complete train wreck. The question on Hurley is whether or not he’s a championship coach. I won’t claim to know. But it pretty clear he’s a damn good program builder

Reaction Score
I thought we hit the lottery with our transfers, but they aren't as good as we thought they were. They were playing GREAT, and now they are merely good, and that isn't good enough to make a real run at a title.

I'm not saying Hurley is a perfect coach, but I don't believe we have plateaued - I just think we got fooled by how good our guards were early in the season. Better players will help immensely.
The transfers have gotten worse under Hurley than at their previous schools.

Reaction Score
Sean Miller, Shaka Smart, Mcdermott, Ed Cooley all dance and coach circles around Hurley. Time to pay the bag for a real hc like Musselman. This offeason will tell me how serious the AD is about his job and about being back to relevance. This experiment with Hurley though is OVER. This is just like Ollie but at least Ollie got more out of what he had.

HuskyWarrior611

Resident know-it-all
Reaction Score
We were bad for literally two years.
And mostly due to injuries and straight up playing in a terrible conference.

We had a huge talent deficiency because guys literally didn’t want to play in the AAC. Had a whole recruiting class transfer out because nobody wants their rivals to be Houston, SMU, and Cincy. Hurley wouldn’t have even came here without the promise of us going back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
Look at UConn before Hurley. A complete train wreck. The question on Hurley is whether or not he’s a championship coach. I won’t claim to know. But it pretty clear he’s a damn good program builder
Losing back to back years in the first round is hardly building a program. This year is hurtling towards the same result. Im fairly confident we can find a replacement to lose in the first round on a yearly basis.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
no, the program was a total trainwreck. but it's irrelevant. it's college basketball. good coaches turn teams around in 2 years. it's year 5.
With the transfer portal, it takes six months.

Reaction Score
How is getting to the Round of 64 twice turning it around?
We’re relevant. The fact that you have advancing in the tournament as an expectation again is proof of that. We were down so bad that just making the tournament the year before last was celebrated

Reaction Score
C'mon man. We've got a quartet of transfer portal guards and a small forward (Jackson) who play bargain basement / "chase shiny objects" on-ball defense, so he adjusted and threw in some zone (which is about all he could do). He wasn't the one leaving Boum wide open for 85 three-pointers.
Any reason why he coulnt make those changes 15 min sooner?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongTimeFan

Top Bottom