We've Been Waiting A Long Time It Seemed.... | The Boneyard

We've Been Waiting A Long Time It Seemed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To see a lot of new talent step on the floor for UCONN and today we got a glimpse of our future against a small div2 team of mostly guard type 3 point shooters. Their offense was work for the available 3 and they jacked them and made a bunch. Here's what I noticed about our play.
Rodney: He is our go to scorer and can get his shot whenever he wants, KO limited his play giving new players a look. One of 2 Big 3 point threats for us.
Facey: solid and confident, appears stronger, good inside moves, he's our best big and a starter
Jalen: Will build on last year I expect great things. still unsure if he improved his outside shot but he can get to the rim and score inside, dish, defend
GIlbert: This is a small guy who will have trouble defending larger guards but he can be an assist machine and can get inside to score. Also unsure about his long range. Today had trouble with free throws, not good.
Larrier: Holy smokes! Bigger than I thought, good handle, can do a bit of everything, he's one of our main cogs no question. 3 years of him is gonna be great.
Vance: Big, not that thin. Flat out shooter, born that way. Enormous potential not just with 3's. He will get loads of time.
Enoch: started with a clear out foul inside and fouled a 3 point shooter BUT when he got back in showed how good his touch and hands are with a spin move and such. If he can stay on the floor......
Vital: A little backup guard who can handle and defend, not sure about his shot, he threw up some shots
Duran and Diarra: they were limited in time and I didn't see much other than decent fighting for the ball on the glass when in. Need to see more.
Brimah: saved for last because the thread I started where we get a new AB who is different and dominant may be a pile of crap. Saw him with the ball inside throw up a short prayer rather than power to the rim, against New Haven and that was disappointing. AB is going to be needed against bigger quality inside players, so I'm hoping, but there is no one padding his offense with throw downs so he has to find his own way to score. At this point I'll just say hopeful. 0 points 4 boards.
KO went small today a lot because of who we faced but I think he is gonna put the best players out there which means we may go small a lot this year. A ton of uncovered 3's today not good. It's only an exhibition but it was great to see some of this new talent finally.

Reaction Score
To see a lot of new talent step on the floor for UCONN and today we got a glimpse of our future against a small div2 team of mostly guard type 3 point shooters. Their offense was work for the available 3 and they jacked them and made a bunch. Here's what I noticed about our play.
Rodney: He is our go to scorer and can get his shot whenever he wants, KO limited his play giving new players a look. One of 2 Big 3 point threats for us.
Facey: solid and confident, appears stronger, good inside moves, he's our best big and a starter
Jalen: Will build on last year I expect great things. still unsure if he improved his outside shot but he can get to the rim and score inside, dish, defend
GIlbert: This is a small guy who will have trouble defending larger guards but he can be an assist machine and can get inside to score. Also unsure about his long range. Today had trouble with free throws, not good.
Larrier: Holy smokes! Bigger than I thought, good handle, can do a bit of everything, he's one of our main cogs no question. 3 years of him is gonna be great.
Vance: Big, not that thin. Flat out shooter, born that way. Enormous potential not just with 3's. He will get loads of time.
Enoch: started with a clear out foul inside and fouled a 3 point shooter BUT when he got back in showed how good his touch and hands are with a spin move and such. If he can stay on the floor.
Vital: A little backup guard who can handle and defend, not sure about his shot, he threw up some shots
Duran and Diarra: they were limited in time and I didn't see much other than decent fighting for the ball on the glass when in. Need to see more.
Brimah: saved for last because the thread I started where we get a new AB who is different and dominant may be a pile of crap. Saw him with the ball inside throw up a short prayer rather than power to the rim, against New Haven and that was disappointing. AB is going to be needed against bigger quality inside players, so I'm hoping, but there is no one padding his offense with throw downs so he has to find his own way to score. At this point I'll just say hopeful. 0 points 4 boards.
KO went small today a lot because of who we faced but I think he is gonna put the best players out there which means we may go small a lot this year. A ton of uncovered 3's today not good. It's only an exhibition but it was great to see some of this new talent finally.

You think we are going to get 3 years of Larrier? Alot of mocks have him going in the first round this coming year. Let's hope he plays well to warrant a first round selection, but would love 2-3 years of him

Reaction Score
Please let us have him for at least 2 years. The NBA draft is crazy so you're right because you never know who they take, taking guys who don't even dominate on their teams. From what I saw today he's already one of our better players. He looked bigger than when he played freshman year, must've hit the weights. Made a 3 that turned out to be a 2, smooth stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom