OT: - Westbrook to The Lakers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Westbrook to The Lakers

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
LeQueen just can’t do it all by himself! How many top picks has he played with now?! Ha
Nobody can do it by themselves, that's why its a team sport. MJ couldn't Kobe couldn't Wilt didn't Oscar didn't, Shaq didn't. I can go on.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Nobody does it all by themselves but there's something really cool and impressive about doing it with your own team and not needing to field a team of stars as opposed to jumping around and needing other stars. Dirk comes to mind and also Giannis. Middleton is a really good player but I don't consider him a star and they came up together through all the hard times to win. Giannis could've bounced to a more glamorous city and teamed up with Doncic or Lebron but he stuck it out in Milwaukee and did it.
I agree but a lot had to happen for Giannis to win. Plus, Holiday and Middleton are good “Help” but they’re gonna need to add more “ Help “ next season in order to repeat. Those other teams are better when healthy and are making moves to improve. That means that he may need a player that’s better than Holiday and Middleton if possible.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I agree but a lot had to happen for Giannis to win. Plus, Holiday and Middleton are good “Help” but they’re gonna need to add more “ Help “ next season in order to repeat. Those other teams are better when healthy and are making moves to improve. That means that he may need a player that’s better than Holiday and Middleton if possible.

the fact that they ended up a tax paying team this year is going to make their run that much harder. They’re gonna need to shed salary over the next 2 years or really get pounded by the tax

Reaction Score
Nobody does it all by themselves but there's something really cool and impressive about doing it with your own team and not needing to field a team of stars as opposed to jumping around and needing other stars. Dirk comes to mind and also Giannis. Middleton is a really good player but I don't consider him a star and they came up together through all the hard times to win. Giannis could've bounced to a more glamorous city and teamed up with Doncic or Lebron but he stuck it out in Milwaukee and did it.
But to the point of Lebron, he probably would have stayed with Cleveland 12+ years if he wasn’t drafted into one of the worst front offices in the history of the league.

The starting lineup for the last game Lebron played with Cleveland in 2010 was him, Antwan Jamison, Anthony Parker, Mo Williams and Shaq (the year before he retired). Big Z averaged 7 points a game that year. Imagine trotting the current day version of that lineup out in the 2021 postseason?

Everyone focuses on the jump to Miami and I get it, but if the Cavs franchise just had an average front office Lebron’s career would have looked a lot different.

Put another way—MJ wasn’t staying on the Bulls if his ‘91 roster was that load of crap.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
But to the point of Lebron, he probably would have stayed with Cleveland 12+ years if he wasn’t drafted into one of the worst front offices in the history of the league.

The starting lineup for the last game Lebron played with Cleveland in 2010 was him, Antwan Jamison, Mo Williams and Shaq (the year before he retired). Big Z averaged 7 points a game that year. Imagine trotting the current day version of that lineup out in the 2021 postseason?

Everyone focuses on the jump to Miami and I get it, but if the Cavs franchise just had an average front office Lebron’s career would have looked a lot different.

Put another way—MJ wasn’t staying on the Bulls if his ‘91 roster was that load of crap.

big Z was crippled by foot injuries. That’s not on the cle fo.

they also found the guy who looked like side show bob

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom