Wesley Watt | The Boneyard

Wesley Watt

Reaction Score
Most of the time we just go past the name under the header on the football message board without even noticing --Wesley Watt. Not everyone knows about Wes. He has been gone for sixteen years now. He was a kind, soft-spoken man but his eyes always had an energy and there was a subtle, playful smile that danced behind his lips.

We meet before a spring game in the parking lot at the Rent and became friends. Turns out he was also on the Boneyard, called himself UConn007, which Wes said had nothing to do with James Bond. As years passed would tailgate before the spring games. We traded emails, and saw some away games together. He always brought a collection of beers, usually from foreign countries, and the occasional tall blonde Hooker (ale, that is). That bond was equal parts love of the Huskies and time on the Boneyard.

He was the opposite of me. Everyone liked him. He is still missed.

As the Boneyard ages we have lost a lot folks. And even though we argue and name call, it remains a community for folks who care enough to know the name of every UConn offensive lineman and dumb enough to think its important. Anyway, Wes loved UConn football which makes the space below the header a perfect place for the name of a truly fine person.

Reaction Score
Most of the time we just go past the name under the header on the football message board without even noticing --Wesley Watt. Not everyone knows about Wes. He has been gone for sixteen years now. He was a kind, soft-spoken man but his eyes always had an energy and there was a subtle, playful smile that danced behind his lips.

We meet before a spring game in the parking lot at the Rent and became friends. Turns out he was also on the Boneyard, called himself UConn007, which Wes said had nothing to do with James Bond. As years passed would tailgate before the spring games. We traded emails, and saw some away games together. He always brought a collection of beers, usually from foreign countries, and the occasional tall blonde Hooker (ale, that is). That bond was equal parts love of the Huskies and time on the Boneyard.

As the Boneyard ages we have lost a lot folks. And even though we argue and name call, it remains a community for folks who care enough to know the name of every UConn offensive lineman and dumb enough to think its important. Anyway, Wes loved UConn football which makes the space below the header a perfect place for the name of a truly fine person.
Can't believe it's been 16 years.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Thank you for posting this tribute. I have been on BY since 2015 and wondered who Wesley Watt was. I love spending time in his lounge and wished I'd met him.

Reaction Score
What a great OP!

Life is short my friends and reminders like this are always worthwhile.

Thanks Pal.

Reaction Score
I remember the first time that I met Wes: The 'Yarders decided to meet in person under the Jumbotron to place a face to the on-line monikers at halftime of a spring game. Met Palatine, Wes. Pudge, UConnBill, Viper (now Chuck), Waquoit and others.
I think it was the spring game that Scott Lutrus had 3 picks for TDs as a freshman.
Seems like yesterday.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We was an Indiana alum, I think, but he bled blue. I used to talk with him quite frequently and he brought the beers to one of my tailgates about 15 years ago. UConnBill and I still chat frequently, and we had a buddy UMBear or UMDave who passed away a few years ago. I wonder how Wes would have reacted to the last 10 years of football.

Reaction Score
I only met him once in person (before a game), but he was extremely gracious to me and was a great member of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
He really was. Really a kind person and a gentleman with a gentle wit about him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Wes was a really good guy and he loved UConn Football.

Getting old sucks when people around you are no longer there.

Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom