Werth Practice Facility Renovations | The Boneyard

Werth Practice Facility Renovations

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walker mural is dope

DlUSI6uXgAYam68.jpg

Reaction Score
College students are messy. Easier and cheaper to change out a tile at a time.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if they are renovating the locker room? From the pictures I have seen it looks pretty basic compared to others

Reaction Score
Walker mural is dope

DlUSI6uXgAYam68.jpg

The 98-99 " We shocked the world" team holds a special place in my heart because it was our first NC and my freshman year at UConn. However, the "Kemba and the kids" NC team is a close second, because of how tough and resilient that team was. They were the epitome of a JC coached team!

Reaction Score
Anybody know why we changed from the white husky to the Siberian husky? ( I think that’s what the black and white husky is called)

Reaction Score
The reason was that the white Husky (embarrassingly) wasn’t actually a Husky. It was a Samoyed. And with its fluffy white look and drooping tongue it hardly epitomized toughness. I love the new logo and the image it projects. Good job Susan Herbst!

Reaction Score
The reason was that the white Husky (embarrassingly) wasn’t actually a Husky. It was a Samoyed. And with its fluffy white look and drooping tongue it hardly epitomized toughness. I love the new logo and the image it projects. Good job Susan Herbst!
I like the new one too. I guess Uconn samoyeds doesn’t sound to cool.

Reaction Score
We got a statue of a Samoyed on campus. Retro logos are not dying out, anyway. Unless it's Colonel Reb.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sigh, no, just no. This is the myth that was used to justify the change. Except for the first Jonathan and the most recent we've always had a white husky as our mascot.
05husky.jpg

Jonathan history- Part 1 and Part 2

White huskies do most certainly exist and UConn was the only the school which used one for a mascot. Leaving that unique branding for a generic husky that many other schools also use was a marketing error made by a national company that didn't care and a university president who was misinformed.

@Mokum

#bringbackthewhitehusky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom