We're In A Great Position | The Boneyard

We're In A Great Position

Reaction Score
We have already beaten some of the best teams in the country when we play our best. We have a roster that has a lot of answers, a lot of help and a lot of energy and skill off the bench. Our players all know this and are not bummed on yesterday's loss. AJAX and Hawk had rare bad games... at the same time. AND, we are going to face teams that haven't seen us, an advantage I believe. So, no guarantees but things look very good at this point. Truly.
(OK I admit I was channelling Scrappy and Maker's Muppet a bit here!).

Reaction Score
This team can beat anyone in the field.

Adama is a rock and will get his points and rebounds in just about every matchup. When Hawkins is hitting at even just a reasonable percentage, and Andre finds that balance between aggressive and out of control, and we get contributions from Tristen, Alex and the bench, this team is one of the best in the nation.

And we’ve seen it, sometimes all happening at once, for stretches (spurt ability) and sometimes for a half. This team has, at times, been absolutely wonderful to watch.

There are a lot of variables, of course, and a lot depends on tournament matchups and Hurley will have to be on his game.

But this has been a great group to cheer for and I hope that whenever their season ends and no matter what anyone else may feel about it, they are proud of what they have been able to accomplish.

Reaction Score
I really wouldn’t be surprised if we win it all, nor would I be surprised if we’re upset in the first or second round.
YUP! That's what makes this team so frustrating / unpredictable at times. I was riding such a high after the PC game, but last night, from the start of the second half, you just sort of knew what the outcome was going to be.

Reaction Score
This team can beat anyone in the field.
I've said that before and I believe it. But then you actually have to go do it. As the title of the Courant article this morning says, "Talk is cheap."

There is an art to winning these games, an art past UConn teams had, an art Hurley’s Huskies, talented as they are, have yet to prove they have. That must change in 2023, because championships aren’t about owning buildings. They come from mastering moments.

Alternate free access:
Talk is cheap. After another devastating loss UConn have much to prove as stakes are about to get higher

Reaction Score
This team can beat anybody in the country and lose to anybody in the country. I'm seeing that Lunardi's latest bracket has us playing Vermont as a 3 seed. Yep that does make me nervous.

Reaction Score
It’s nice to see someone who is more supportive about our current situation. After every loss, there are always people wanting to fire hurly.
fire hurley ppl need more jesus (mushrooms)

caw

Reaction Score
A lot is going to depend on the teams mentality. They definitely can go far if they are locked in and don't rattle. Defense needs to be there regardless of anything else.

It will be interesting to see two things in the NCAAT.

1) will other teams (assuming not BE teams) be able to chase Hawkins all game like Prosper did last game.
2) will refs finally call fouls down low when Newton drives, or Sanogo/Clingan are hacked.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
And Decourcy has us as a #3, playing #14 Colgate - the top 3 point shooting team in the entire country.
As long as we avoid Iona, Charleston, or Oral Roberts, I think we will be fine.

Reaction Score
This team can beat anybody in the country and lose to anybody in the country. I'm seeing that Lunardi's latest bracket has us playing Vermont as a 3 seed. Yep that does make me nervous.
I don’t think I’d go so far to say we can lose to anybody. St. John’s is the only truly bad loss. Seton Hall on the road without Hurley was a tougher game than what we’d face in a 3/14 game. I don’t want bad mojo by being overconfident. I just think our floor is higher than some assume. We have been really good this year.

Reaction Score
Three of those four should be 12 seeds or higher, no? Iona is the only team UConn has a shot of facing?
Here are the latest Bracket Matrix projections, along with those teams’ NET rankings and several predictive metric site rankings. I’m glad we won’t be a 5, even though I believe we’ll handle any first round opponent. I’d rather be a 3 than a 4 based on potential opponents.

On the flip side, if we’re a 4, how upset will that region’s 1 seed be at the thought of facing us in the Sweet Sixteen?
FFF65A70-CEE6-4BA9-9587-F292CDE9E22C.jpeg

Reaction Score
The worst would be Colgate. They can just destroy anybody from 3, have a good enough PG to drive and dish, and very good senior center that has great finishing moves. This is the kind of team that could frustrate the hell out of us.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
And Decourcy has us as a #3, playing #14 Colgate - the top 3 point shooting team in the entire country.
I'm not sayin we're going to lose to someone better known for producing lawyers and toothpaste, just that there's always another Teddy Allen out there.

Reaction Score
Kind of crazy how we’re thinking of 12-14 seeds we want to avoid.

Outside of the year AJ Price got hurt mid game, I can’t remember us ever having to worry about losing in the first round.
That’s because WE had the good quick guards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom