were any of Larriers's four fouls legit? | The Boneyard

were any of Larriers's four fouls legit?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
because being at the game, none of them did

Reaction Score
Yes the most egregious was his blatant offensive foul where he extended his arm to gain space and picked up his 4th I believe. Happened right in front of me

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes the most egregious was his blatant offensive foul where he extended his arm to gain space and picked up his 4th I believe. Happened right in front of me
They could have called about 20 of those on McKenzie of Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
I thought the 2nd was legit after he missed the bunny & bumped the guy from behind on the rebound attempt. But then again, Jalen did take a pretty good shot to the head with a play on.....

Reaction Score
Larrier got taken out of the game by the refs, no doubt about it. There were countless drives by SB that were much more egregious than Larrier's offensive foul.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Officials are still in off season mode, by what we saw tonight

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Officials are still in off season mode, by what we saw tonight
Despite that we saw OIO (observe - improvise - overcome). No quit down the stretch. Will to win.

Reaction Score
And then nothing when Jalen's head took a clobbering.
The announcer was calling for jalen to be pulled for an injury. He’s beat up after 1 game? What’s he like after 3 months? Concerning.

Reaction Score
The announcer was calling for jalen to be pulled for an injury. He’s beat up after 1 game? What’s he like after 3 months? Concerning.

He knocked knees with a cutter with about 10 minutes to go. Doesn't really matter when that happens and it has nothing to do with being in/out of shape.

Reaction Score
The moving screen, foul on the rebound, and the offensive foul were all legit. I honestly can't remember what the other one was.

Reaction Score
The second foul (over the back) was a dumb mistake mad out of frustration by Larrier. It was a blatant call that refs will make every time. He knows better, and missed out on a lot of action because of it. Good learning experience, though. We need him out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
The positive is that Larrier showed that he can play with foul trouble.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
From my seat I saw numerous uncalled screens on SB as well as their point guard was arm hooking all game
Guy in front of me yelled at the refs about the hooking and the ref with the light colored hair who was standing near the section just stared at him and laughed.
As far as TL is concerned, I honestly didn't see anything with the screens but to be honest, I wasn't looking in his direction. However, he has to understand that he can't move or stick out body parts to clip. KO didn't protest or did the assistants. The foul on the rebound was just stupidity. I didn't like the body language of TL last night- he didn't seem connected. He definitely was upset that KO wouldn't play him after foul #2 in the 1st half.
I wish TL would acquire a bit of a mean streak - he shies away from physical play and if he's going to play the 3 or 4 - he or the team can't shy away from mixing it up.
The officiating was very uneven last night, as it was in the game Friday night. Too much whistle blowing at the touch fouls and clear physical jostling was ignored. But then again that's what we saw all last year
Overall it was a poor shooting night, AGAIN but the moxie that the team showed in the last 6 minutes was impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom