Went to St Joseph game | The Boneyard

Went to St Joseph game

Reaction Score
First game I went to in two — good to be back but boy the attendance was quite meager.

I really felt the game was on Hurley. Going to UConn games for 25 years— I just can’t imagine a Calhoun team just allowing such free reign— we’ve had deficits in the past— but this was scary. It really appeared as if UConn could not stop St Joseph abd that UConn’s shot selection was aiding and abetting the onslaught.

you got some inside pressure from Carlton to end the half and at least to me there was a godsend of some stability
Second half started abd right back to the saMe shitBad shots abd porous defense. When a team can take control of the game our 16 point deficit ran back to 23.
Then came the press— people that press was fin good— I mean it was like 20 years ago good. One thing UConn has is incredible depth abd length— these guys are long!!!!!!!! I sat close and it’s got the size of an nba like team. We had it down to 3-4 points AND at Joseph’s had a few lucky plays to keep it there. BUT with nearly 6 minutes to go we took our foot off the gas???????????? We stopped what was working. I could hear it in the stance— fans knew it! Our offense went back to both Gilbert abd Vital OVER penetrating ad nauseum and providing at Joseph’s with more avenues to score when they couldn’t even see the basket moments ago.
Nope this is on Danny 100%. If he had changed things up at various stages in first half or kept the throttle down in 2 Nd half. I think we win— abd this really is bigger than a w or l. We need better game planning and we need to be quicker w adjustments — also if the guards don’t play team ball than sit!! No Kemba walkers out there.
I saw he kind of said something about himself abd it’s all easily changed if Danny is not a stubborn person . If he goes into a thought process of using team depth and energy— we’ve seen the light in the 2 Nd half — so he must’ve too. Play to the strength and depth. Keep the guards under control— don’t let other team runs go unchecked— some good should come out of this. This team can be a fine fine team inho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom